Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'07 Tahoe Door Speakers

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2010, 10:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 Tahoe Door Speakers

I just bought a '07 Tahoe and after a week the door speakers do not work about 80% of the time. I took it back to the dealership where I bought it and the said thet all four speakers were bad. The thought of all four speakers being "bad" at the same time and the fact that sometimes they work makes the diagnosis seem unlikely to me? However, I dont know enough about the subject to argue the point. Anyone who has car audio knowlege and has any thoughts or suggestions I would appreciate it greatly.
Old September 10th, 2010, 1:02 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Its possible they could be bad but all at the same time...?
If you can get access to the speakers and have an ohm meter you can check them out, the speakers should Ohm out around 4-10 ohms range and all the speakers should be about the same reading...
If the reading is higher then say 16 ohms the speaker is probably bad

When you say they sometimes works leads me to believe it is a loose or poor connection, at the speakers or at the radio .... blown speakers usually don't work intermittently thou its possible when the door is opened and closed its causing some temporary connectivity...

You could try picking up an inexpensive set and trying them out to check....

Last edited by in2pro; September 10th, 2010 at 1:04 PM.
Old September 10th, 2010, 2:06 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blown speakers will always sound the same - very distorted sounding. if your speakers work fine some and then dont at all sometimes then there is a connection issue somewhere. do all 4 cut on/off at the same time or does 1 work then another one the other time? if they all 4 cut off at the same time then it would be an issue with the stock amplifier or in that area I would think.
Old September 10th, 2010, 4:41 PM
CF Beginner

All four speakers cut off at the same time and they either work fine or not at all, not even a distorted sound. They either work/don't work the entire time until you cut off the ignition, they never cut off mid-trip.

Thank you for your replies.
Old September 10th, 2010, 8:55 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Dukeotx: Welcome to the forum.

Do the rear speakers by the hatch work OK?
Old September 10th, 2010, 10:06 PM
CF Beginner

rear speakers work, it's only the door speakers. However, for the first time, today the front door speakers worked without the back door speakers and they stayed on all day. I trust that the dealership tested the speakers (they told me all 4 were bad), I just think everything points to a loose connection.