Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2006, 10:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe Exhaust

Hi to all, I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ and I wanted to upgraded the exhaust and air intake. The dealership I bought the Tahoe had a 2007 Suburban with the optional Dealer installed GM performance air intake and muffler with a chrome exhaust tip. I asked them how much would it cost to install one on my Tahoe and with parts and installation they quoted me $1000. Is there anyone out there that has the Chevy installed exhaust that can tell me the pros and cons, or should I just buy a flowmaster or magnaflow. The good thing they told me is that the GM system installed at the dealer does not void your warranty.
Old November 14th, 2006, 11:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 07 Tahoe Exhaust

I just got my LTZ Tahoe and haven't decided myself on an exhaust or air intake upgrade yet. However, I am a huge CORSA exhaust proponent after having put them on my former 2001 corvette, my current 2003 ZO6 corvette, a former 2002 hummer, and a former 2003 Z71 Suburban. Based on that, I wouldnt think of anything else on my LTZ Tahoe for an exhaust without changing the headers or adding new hi-flow cats. As far as air intake goes, I was told my a well respected tuner not to mess with the factory so I won't.

Just my 2 cents....would be interested so hear what you decide.
Old November 15th, 2006, 12:11 AM
CF Beginner

I have the dealer installed Corsa cat back exhaust (performance version, they also offer a touring verson). I am very please with the increased sound. Not to sure about any performance gains, since I had it installed the day I picked it up. It adds a noticable rumble upon start up and acceleration, but nothing too obnoxious. My wife actually drives it more than I do and she doesn't complain.

I didn't have the intake installed, but I'm thinking about going with the GM over the airraid and K&N just because I like the way it looks with the chrome air box cover.

The dealer has room to move on the $$ so don't take their first offer. I was out the door for just over $500 installed.
Old November 15th, 2006, 1:20 AM
CF Beginner

Hey thanks for the input. Hey illini33 which state are you at im coming to that the dealership. They quoted me $300 for the air intake $400 for the exhaust $80 for the chrome tip and $200 to install. If you had to choose again would you pick the performance or touring.
Old November 15th, 2006, 1:40 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered the Volant cold air intake system. I should have it later this week! I will post pictures and let you know how it is once I have it. I went with it because it is enclosed and should keep the sound down. Also, I like the look of the aluminum lid, plus they are branded and are very reputable! I got it at a very good price. If anyone is interested I can give you the guys email that I got it from! Thanks, Landon.
Old November 15th, 2006, 1:53 AM
CF Beginner

Landon,

That's a good price on the Volant CAI. I just sent you an email. Please send me the guys email address.

Thx
Old November 15th, 2006, 1:54 AM
CF Junior Member

I installed the Airaid intake system, and a cat back Flowmaster BigBlock 70 series... Noticable performance and HP gain. I picked up approx. 1.2 mpg (this is very subjective) and the acceleration is quicker. I LOVE the sound of the Flowmaster.

Good luck...you'll enjoy both of these.