Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe Exhaust & Intake

Search this Thread

Old July 14th, 2006, 4:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe Exhaust & Intake

New Member, old question...

Anyone know which performance exhaust gives max torque & hp (Magnaflow, Gibson, Borla???). I traded in my 03 Lightning for an 07 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 - I miss the 425 ponies I had on the Ford. Also which intake gives max power, the Volant system seems the most expensive, does it give the most power vs. K&N, Airraid, etc?

I'm just looking for a little more off the line, and definately more for freeway passing. I'm new to Chevy's, any info would be much appreciated.
Old July 19th, 2006, 10:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 07 Tahoe Exhaust & Intake

I am looking in to the same thing and haven't found anything yet regarding an exhaust or intake system. I would think that a company would come out with one soon, if not already. Half a year has gone by.

Can anyone else help??

Also, what are good aftermarket comapnies?
Old July 19th, 2006, 11:58 PM
CF Active Member

welli was reading up on the airraid system in a truck magazine and it giveds you a little over 20hp.. i had a k&n filter in my tahoe and noticed that off the line and full load at lower rpm it's better with the factory filter, but at higher rpm it defenitly sounds better and fulls a little better with the k&n.. although i went back to stock cause i wanted the torque off the line, planty power as is at 5 grand
Old July 20th, 2006, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

The only exhaust I have heard of is from Zoomers. Their website (I think its zoomersexhaust.com) offers the product and some sound clips. Ive also heard that Borla and Flowmaster are working on one for the 07s but it wont be out for a while. I have also heard mixed reviews about the GM exhaust systems (performance and touring).

I have installed a K&N air filter just because they give a little extra power and slightly better mpg. I also hate to switch the factory filter all the time. Not huge gains but the K&N filter isnt that expensive. Been debating upgrading to the air charger kit. Anyone done that yet?
Old July 24th, 2006, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

In follow up to this topic, I found over the weekend, while surfing, that Volant has a cold air intake system and a cat back exhust system. I went to the web site and it didn't have that much info but here is the link anyway if anyone is interested. http://www.volantperformance.com/

Has anyone got feed back regarding this company?
Old July 25th, 2006, 3:58 AM
CF Beginner

Ok, I have an update. I talked with an exhaust shop in Mission Viejo, guy loves the magnaflow system, but not aware of an 07 Tahoe kit. He would build a custom system using magnaflow mufflers and an aluminized pipe system installed (welded) pretty cheap. Said he would do a stainless system for twice the amount. I don't mind doing it myself, and would pay the 100 bucks to have someone weld instead of me clamping the system. I looked at the Magnaflow site, they have a part number for a kit. I ordered the stainless steel system from muscleexhaust.com - cheapest I found that I feel I can trust - no tax and no shipping, also an authorized vendor from Magnaflow. I ordered early sat morn, as of today (monday) no word on the system not being available, but also no shipping confirmation yet.

As for the intake, i've heard that the volant system is one of the better chevy cold air intake kits, but haven't heard from anyone who has one. I'll probably order the volant next.

We'll see what happens...
Old July 25th, 2006, 11:14 AM
davemec

Check out Truck Peroformance website. They have a page of exhaust systems for the 2007 Tahoe. Magnaflow, flowmaster, Gibson, and JBA. Here is a link to the exhaust systems:

http://www.truckperformance.com/prod...AHOE/sf4_5.3l/
Old July 28th, 2006, 2:50 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info. I just found out my magnaflow exhaust is supposed to be delivered tomorrow - i guess i know what i'm doing this weekend, i'm looking forward to looks, sound, and most importantly MORE POWER![sm=crossbonesgif.gif]
Old July 28th, 2006, 11:57 AM
davemec

Let us know how it goes, and post some pictures if you get a chance.
Old July 31st, 2006, 4:29 AM
CF Beginner

ROOOAAAR!!! Wow what a difference! I installed the Magnaflow today, pretty easy - sounds awesome, it really woke up the v8, now it sounds like it should. As far as power it did give it a little umph off the line, but it mostly perks up the throttle response throughout the powerband. I'll report back on the gas mileage when I get through a tank.

The kit worked out fine, it comes in 4 pieces all clamped together - once you start you are committed. The instructions say to cut the old exhaust behind the muffler - I couldn't find any good way to get it out in one piece - actually I had to cut it in two places to get it out. Now that I really like it, i'll have it welded when I get a chance. I did have 2 minor issues, one will be solved with the weld. The instructions say to torque the clamps to 65 ft/lbs. One of the clamps (of course it was the last one) started to strip before 65 - I left it & it's holding fine - no leaks. The other issue is that the last exhaust hangar at behind the back tire is a little short - no matter how I adjusted the system, it held the exhaust tip about a 1/4 inch from the plastic bumper moulding - on my first test drive it started to melt the plastic on the bottom. I had to modify the hangar (all I did was drill out the sections at the top and bottom of the rubber hangar) to drop it down in it's current position. I don't have any recordings of the sound, but even my wife noticed the difference when I fired it up while she walked by on her way to her car (she said it sounded "beefier").

Attached are some pics of the magnaflow exhaust on the floor, and mounted on my truck. I'll get some sounds and some pics of the stock exhaust on the floor so you can see how I did it.

Enjoy!

Infraredcalvin
'07 Tahoe 4x4 LTZ Summit White
Installed:
22" Zinik Wheels
Magnaflow Exhaust
Dark tint - front windows
Painted front & rear bowties ($5 primer, $5 gloss black paint - masking tape and approx 5-6 coats - rubbed out and remounted)
Soon to be ordered:
Volant fresh air intake system
Superchips programer

Quick Reply: 07 Tahoe Exhaust & Intake