Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

07 Tahoe Fog Light HID install

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2007, 10:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 Tahoe Fog Light HID install

Ok, what it is on H11 bulbs are "To original halogen lamp connector socket." I'm not sure what this means at all....
Old November 2nd, 2007, 6:58 PM
CF Beginner

Lmao, it's the wiring relay harness... Apparently, you don't NEED them, but what do you guys think?
Old November 3rd, 2007, 7:28 PM
CF Beginner

It sounds like these are the two wires that should go to the lamp harness that is on your car. Most kits come with a wire harness where you just plug that harness to where the original OEM bulb plugged into. Otherwise, some older/cheaper HID kits came with exposed relay wiring...if you are 100% sure that you have a connection from your car to the kit and the light work when you fire them up then, no, you don't need the exposed wires.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 7:33 PM
CF Beginner

I just put the HID fogs in and I drive my Tahoe excessively since it is my work car...I agree with whoever said the stock lights are too weak....tried them with fog a few weeks ago and had to pull over to make sure they were even working. I converted the fogs to HID yesterday...had some fog this morning before dawn and the HID kit in the fogs did a great job...now the bad news, I think the HID bulbs will fry the OEM fog lense and housing....I know if already happened ton77nxc and I am trying to avoid this so I have limited the fog lights with HID to 5 minutes and hope to find a solution. Otherwise, I will be forced to put the crappy stock bulbs back in
Old November 5th, 2007, 7:13 AM
CF Beginner

I was thinking about pulling out the lense.. It will be EXTREMELY bright tho then ... but what the hell, might as well try it. I have a 07 Silverado 1500 ext cab... i want to get some HID fog lights as well, but you're right about melting them, I'm nervous about that too!
Old November 5th, 2007, 9:52 PM
CF Junior Member

i have one question. is there any problem with putting hid lights in 2007 tahoe due to the fact that they have auto lights?
Old November 5th, 2007, 10:50 PM
CF Active Member

no problem at all 1hot650r. I changed the configurations in my settings so that he security lights didn't come on when I pressed unlock as that included the headlights. I also turned off anything that had the headlights flash for unlock or lock, etc. As far as the auto lights, it's non-issue.
Kevin