Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe Hot Air From Rear A/C (been to dealer 4x)

Search this Thread

Old August 31st, 2010, 2:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe Hot Air From Rear A/C (been to dealer 4x)

Hey guys (sorry for the length of this message),

First off I appreciate the wealth of knowledge available here, and if possible, could really use some suggestions. I bought my 07 Tahoe in 07 and initially had a problem with the power button sticking on the main ac unit. I had this replaced by the dealer, then a few weeks later, had a problem with the rear ac blowing hot air while the front ac would blow cold...over the next year I brought it in 4 times...each time they thought the problem was fixed, only to have it resurface anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to a month later (I didnt use the rear ac extremely often thus not giving the problem a chance to rear its head).

Long story short (not really, but I'm trying!), after the 4th occurrence, it was thought to be fixed but only to reoccur a week later. However, i am a fire fighter and at that time, I was undergoing a year long training process due to switching fire departments, under which I had extremely limited free time and could not be without a vehicle. Then I came to find out the dealership I'd been dealing with was sadly out of business. As I was not really using the rear ac much at all, I was able to survive with only the front ac until I had the availability to search for and drive to another Chevrolet dealer with a service department.

Recently, a new Silverstar Chevrolet dealership/service center was put in into the same auto mall as my old Courtesy Chevrolet and I went over there a couple of days ago to ask them about fixing my rear ac. I was informed that although it was the completely identical problem that was and had been occurring under warranty (for which I have complete documentation from Chevrolet) it was my problem to fix and pay for (because I was now out of warranty), not chevrolets and especially not Silverstars. However, seeing as how my old Service Assistant at Courtesy (who was extremely helpful) had told me that Chevrolet would definitely have to fix this problem or provide me with a new vehicle (it had been 4x-- lemon law) I'm not sure what to do. It's been suggested maybe contacting the Better Business Bureau? Any assistance or suggestions or anything would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again for everything guys! (and sorry again about the length!)

Drew
Old August 31st, 2010, 7:24 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Yes

hit up the BBB, and your Attorney General.

also call the GM customer line.

You've jumped through all their hoops, and still no satisfaction for the same problem.
Old August 31st, 2010, 9:53 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have noticed on ours it is never as cold as the front but it is not hot at all. Are there any other dealerships in the area? Maybe you can try and get a free repair estimate from another AC repair location. Bring them the paperwork from the dealership and they could probably look over it quickly.
hope all works out for you.
Old August 31st, 2010, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

I had something similar happen. Only it was happening left to right. They had to use the tek 2 and fixed it. However I was told that it may be a temp. fix and that I would need a new A/C actuator at some time.
Old August 31st, 2010, 8:37 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

I agree w/ stsqrl. Go for a lemon law resolution.
Old August 31st, 2010, 9:23 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Contact GM corporate customer service.
Old August 31st, 2010, 9:33 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I agree as well, contact Customer Service and work with them as those records should also be in their system, its unfortunate that the new dealership has taken such a sour stance.....
Old September 1st, 2010, 1:44 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'm going to try and contact chevy corporate and explain the situation and see what they say...thanks again!!
Old September 1st, 2010, 2:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

DruD805, I would like to direct messsage you about this issue. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 7th, 2011, 4:12 PM
CF Beginner

i also have that problem but it is hot in the frount and cold in the back still trying to figer this one out any help will be great.
i did check the acturlor under the dash and working good

Quick Reply: 07 Tahoe Hot Air From Rear A/C (been to dealer 4x)