Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 tahoe paint issue

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2006, 5:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 tahoe paint issue

I was woundering if anyone is having the same problem with there paint. I washed the car the other day and noticed little white spots. It almost looks like little cloudy white spots the size of a marker dot. It also looks like pitting under the paint. One of the spots looks like it has rust under it. I think there might be a problem with the clear coat. I have only found the spots on the hood and the roof. You really have to get close up to it to see the spots. I have only had the car for a week. Any information will help.
Old November 27th, 2006, 5:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 07 tahoe paint issue

Are you sure it is not your water that is leaving hard water spots. We have hard *** water here in san Jose. I hope it is just hard water spots and nothing with your paint.
I have a white T. it has small spots that sound like yours, But that has to do with our great water here in the Bay Area.
Old November 27th, 2006, 6:47 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Take it in and have the dealer open a case on your Tahoe and have them get with GM to remedy this problem.
Believe me, GM wants you guys happy with your purchase and will generally fix paint problems even if it isn’t there fault provided that you act quickly.
Old December 12th, 2006, 6:12 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah, it sounds like hard water spots. As far as the pitting, it could be acidic rain that has dried in the sun. When water droplets evaporate the concentration of pollutants and acid increases. If left to dry in the sun after a rain it will etch your paint and leave these pits. This is especially true in places known for acid rain.

-Mike
Old December 12th, 2006, 9:45 PM
CF Active Member

Good luck..............my experince with GM and having them resolve our paint issue was horrible and they just make excuses then close the case number..[][][][][]
Old December 12th, 2006, 9:54 PM
CF Active Member

From our previous thread;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Well no repaint...The GM rep inspected the car in the rain and decided the Tahoe has " Normal characteristics of a GM paint job".........Well to say the least I hope this is not normal....He then went on to tell me that they had the same issue with the Cadilliac gold/white paint ................"we will refer this to engineering and get back to you"...WTF...kind of answer is that...I guess we will wait till we get the engineering response and decide our next step...his last statement was " We might have to decide not to paint this color next year"
GO GM GO...kinda like Run Forest Run