Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe Radio Resets to 12:00 Intermittently

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2019, 10:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe Radio Resets to 12:00 Intermittently

Hello everyone! I just bought a 07 Tahoe and I'm having some issues with the radio. The radio is randomly resetting to 12:00. It has happened most recently while driving. It was resetting every time at startup so I have replaced the battery as it tested bad and I have also checked some fuses and the one for the radio was okay. Fuse 37 was blown so I replaced it. As I understand this is for electric adjustable pedals which my Tahoe does not have. The radio works fine otherwise. Now when it resets the unit seems to lose power but the lights on the buttons stay on. The radio is still stock and is a XM equipped model with CD and no NAV. From the research I have done it seems like the negative battery cable would be a good next step but does anyone have any other steps I should try first? I am not sure if it is related but the service tire pressure monitor system light is on and I have no feedback in the gauge cluster menu. I bought replacement sensors that just haven't arrived yet. I plan to have them in Friday and I will update as to if they are working. Also the rear passenger window controls are having some issues. The controls in the back work only if held down for a while and do not roll the window all the way down. The master controls at the driver door work just fine. I have not yet messed with this but will look into it further this weekend. Thanks for any help you can provide!!!
Old August 8th, 2019, 5:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So to provide an update I got the TPMS monitors in and went to the shop to get them installed. The tech was able to reset the existing sensors and everything in that regard is working again. The radio hasn't cut off again but I haven't driven it to much so I'm still thinking the problem is there. Should I just hang on to the sensors or refund them and buy a new key fob? I'm not sure how old the sensors are and the techs machine didn't tell him the battery life.