Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe starts then dies immediately

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2015, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe starts then dies immediately

Hey guys,

I have an 07 tahoe. Back in march I had a fuel pump replaced. Things went well for a couple of months and then in July the pump went again. I went back to the shop and had the warranty cover the replacement. Two days later while out with my family I started my truck and within seconds it died out. I was furious! I had a buddy come and help me and he couldn't figure it out and then about an hour later the truck randomly started up again. I was going to call the shop but didn't get around to it and it started up fine for the next few weeks. (I figured it was a fluke).

Well, after those couple of weeks it happened again. I was out with my family and went to start the truck. It started up and then died out almost immediately. I called the shop gave them a piece of my mind and then an hour later, the truck fired up. I brought it to them and they told me it wasn't the fuel pump but the fuse box. They wanted to charge me another $600 but I had a bad taste in my mouth and didn't trust them at all. I turned them down and had someone test the fuse box and he said he didn't see any issue with it.

Unfortunately, this is still happening but only seems to happen after driving it for a bit and then letting it sit. It's always when i am away and never struggles when it has been sitting at home.

Any suggestions? If I am being to vague and can give you more information I would be glad to. I am not much of a car guy but I would like some ammunition to either make them replace a potential faulty pump or to give someone else advice on where to start looking. I hate going into any situation blind.

Sorry for the long post and I appreciate any help!
Old August 30th, 2015, 9:44 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Well the fuse center is a good place to start, disconnect the battery and removed and reinstall the fuse center.
Also consider swapping the fuel pump relay and double checking that the fuel pump fuse is properly plugged in...
You might want have a fuel pressure gauge handy when it acts up so that you can remove fuel pressure as an issue, you want around 60+ PSI key on not running and around 50-60 running... if you are not seeing this then the pump is the problem... are you using an after market pump or OEM Delco ?

Keep us updated
Old August 25th, 2018, 9:22 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Tahoe

I have an 01 Tahoe that dies seconds after starting. Any suggestions?