Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 and up PCV Valve

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2013, 11:11 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 07 and up PCV Valve

Pardon me if this has been discussed already. I searched and came up empty. But on the 07 and up 5.3's is there a pcv valve? And is it necessary to change it if it is only an orifice type? I can't even find a part number for it. Some sites suggested cleaning it out if it only an orifice and putting it back??
Old December 8th, 2013, 1:41 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If I'm not mistaken the PCV valve is built into the driver's side valve cover, so the entire valve cover must be replaced to replace the PCV valve. The part number I have for the left valve cover for an 07 Tahoe is 12570427, last checked it cost $87.35 (GMPartsdirect). I got that part number confirmed from GMpartsdirect.com for my 07 Tahoe. Oh and that part number supposedly includes a new valve cover gasket.
Old December 8th, 2013, 2:00 PM
CF Senior Member

thanks for that info. figured it was something silly since i couldn't find anything on it
Old December 9th, 2013, 6:34 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trainwreck91
thanks for that info. figured it was something silly since i couldn't find anything on it
You're welcome!
Old December 9th, 2013, 8:40 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Here is a picture of the PCV hose, you can see where it routes to....
Attached Thumbnails 07 and up PCV Valve-pcv-hose-07.jpg  
Old December 9th, 2013, 9:00 PM
CF Senior Member

So being that it's almost $100. Do you think it's worth the preventative maintenance? How would you know if it were bad?
Old December 9th, 2013, 9:03 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

My feeling is if you change the oil regularly and don't have excessive blow-by, the PCV shouldn't require maintenance. But that's just me.
Old December 9th, 2013, 9:36 PM
Administrator

Are you seeing any oil consumption issues, rough idle, those are items that could be related to the PVC.
Old December 9th, 2013, 9:59 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Typerod
If I'm not mistaken the PCV valve is built into the driver's side valve cover, so the entire valve cover must be replaced to replace the PCV valve. The part number I have for the left valve cover for an 07 Tahoe is 12570427, last checked it cost $87.35 (GMPartsdirect). I got that part number confirmed from GMpartsdirect.com for my 07 Tahoe. Oh and that part number supposedly includes a new valve cover gasket.

Careful with GM parts direct, they dont always have the right #'s. They gave me the wrong numbers for the front left wheel well. It really confused the parts guy at the Chevy dealer closest to me. I was giving him one number while he was getting an entirely different one from the GM data base. I mentioned GMpartsdirect he simply said "Oh thats why, GM has nothing to do with and is not affiliated in any way with GM Parts Direct. They are a separate company." I found that to be quite interesting...
Old December 10th, 2013, 6:11 AM
Administrator

Rock Auto is also a good place to check for both price and part number, often times Rock Auto will have pictures of the said part...as a third check, check Amazon... I have found the best prices between Amazon and Rock Auto, if you are a Prime Member the shipping is two days free...

Amazon valve cover

Quick Reply: 07 and up PCV Valve