Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07+ window buttons

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2009, 7:59 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 07+ window buttons

is the driver's window buttons one assembly or can it be taken appart?

Ie, why the hell is only the driver + passenger auto down? how hard would it have REALLY been to make auto down AND up for ALL FOUR?!

Lexus does it! it's a switch! not gold plated lug nuts...

anyway; does the esky have all 4 auto up / down?

can you get 2 more auto switches for the back 2? or is it software that enables this?
Old December 1st, 2009, 8:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The switches on the back door snap into the bezels where the switches on the front door are part of an assembly and screw into the bezel. Not sure if they would be interchangeable.
Old December 1st, 2009, 2:18 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

the drivers window buttons, (drivers door module,(D.D.M)), is sold as an assembly. and yes, they are software based.
you can take them apart, but you won't get what you're trying to achieve.
Old December 1st, 2009, 4:45 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you know i allways wanted to find out just that, at least get the front 2 windows auto down instead of just the driver side, like you get in many models, what i was thinking was swaping the switches from left to right and see if the passenger window goes down automaticly before buying another switch like the one on the driver side and replace the one on the passenger side, but if shawn says is software based then i will have to stick with what i have. at least sabrtooth has both windows auto.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 9:07 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=QUETRANPA;122007]you know i allways wanted to find out just that, at least get the front 2 windows auto down instead of just the driver side, like you get in many models, what i was thinking was swaping the switches from left to right and see if the passenger window goes down automaticly before buying another switch like the one on the driver side and replace the one on the passenger side, but if shawn says is software based then i will have to stick with what i have. at least sabrtooth has both windows auto.[/quote

Google DEI 530T - this is a module that will give you one touch up/down on the front windows. You would need two modules for front and back if you wanted that.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 9:31 AM
CF Addict

too much work / $ the switches are different; but if its software, i'd assume its in the BCM... why can't it be open source?!
Old December 2nd, 2009, 6:27 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

the switches are accually a module that controls the window function. So software is built into the switch itself
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:40 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what do you mean shawn? if i buy the switches like the ones sabrtoot has in his truck i will achive my goal of having the 2 front windows auto down without having to go to the dealer to program the bcm or something? i'm still going to check what jeffbco is telling about this DEI 530T
Old December 3rd, 2009, 5:01 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Just read where the 2010 Camaro has both auto up & down. Help is on the way.
Old December 4th, 2009, 7:19 AM
CF Addict

Default wow

so they can throw it in a car that's 1/2 the cost with a GM admitted cheap interior but we can't get them in a Tahoe!?

I wonder if the modules from it would swap in...

(read motor trend on the new camaro, they made the inside cheap to allow the 300HP V6 to be standard)

Quick Reply: 07+ window buttons