Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Window squeal

Search this Thread

Old January 10th, 2013, 6:20 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Default 07 Window squeal

I have been experiencing some squealing when rolling down my drivers window...
I had some when rolling it up, but mostly down.
I had read that some folks had similar issues and it was a due to dry window rails, so I figured I would need to remove the door panel and lube the rails...

I told the wife I had to buy new tools to do the project , so I got the door panel removal tools from Amazon. (they do work by the way, but a putty knife and screw driver would also work)

Before I dove too deep into the project I decided to do some investigating, turns out the problem was the outer window/door seal was very dirty and causing the squeal when the window went down...

I removed the seal which is really easy to do, and washed it out, it was pretty dirty Roll down the window and pop it off, clean and re-install...

However I needed to justify the use of the tools so I removed the door panel and lubed the rails with Dupont Krytox that I had acquired and dying to use

I removed the door panel, 1AAuto has a Youtube video that is helpful...
Once off I inspected and applied lubricant to the parts that the plastic window guide rode on....
I must say the window seem to go down faster and smoother then before, up motion was very good and quite as well...

If you have the inclination, remove and lube the guides... but if nothing else, pull out the outer window seal and wash it off, it makes a world of difference...
Attached Thumbnails 07 Window squeal-inside-front-window-guide-drivers-door.jpg   07 Window squeal-door-panel-removal-toos.jpg   07 Window squeal-dirty-outer-window-seal.jpg   07 Window squeal-door-panel-insulation.jpg   07 Window squeal-removing-outer-window-seal.jpg  

Last edited by in2pro; January 11th, 2013 at 2:02 PM.
Old January 10th, 2013, 6:20 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Last two pictures of guides
Attached Thumbnails 07 Window squeal-front-window-guide-.jpg   07 Window squeal-rear-window-guide-drivers-door.jpg