Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Yukon issues

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2007, 8:17 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 07 Yukon issues

Just got back from a 3000 mile trip in our new Yukon and found a few issues and was wondering if anybody else has had them--

A/C with automatic air blows cold and fast when entering car when hot out, then slows down and never seems to increase air flow speed again and front seat area gets very warm, rear blows cold and much harder (rear is also set to auto to match front). Could never get passenger side warm in cold weather with temp set at 80 and drivers at 70.

Recirc does not shut off outside smells

Wipers clunking when on downstroke, gets worse with more rain.

Loud intermittant whistle from rear hatch area with lots of headwinds

Remote failed to work twice on trip (TSB on this PIC3764N ?)

I have an appt tomorrow to get these issues fixed, but was just wondering if anyone else has experienced any of these and can offer any advice just in case the dealer says "working as intended"

Thanks
Old May 7th, 2007, 10:06 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 Yukon issues

As far as the fan blowing fast and slow...

Are you using the remote to start the vehicle which places the HVAC system in a hurry up and cool/heat mode and then when you insert the key it slows to normal operating mode?
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:21 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: doo600

As far as the fan blowing fast and slow...

Are you using the remote to start the vehicle which places the HVAC system in a hurry up and cool/heat mode and then when you insert the key it slows to normal operating mode?
Nope, have never used the remote start yet other than when we first got it one time to see how it worked.

Old May 8th, 2007, 1:37 AM
CF Veteran

ORIGINAL: genestoy
Recirc does not shut off outside smells
My biggest and only complaint. Drives me nuts.

Sometimes its actually better if I just roll down the windows. I think the air inlet for the a/c seems to suck in everything. From my posts here and the dealer I have been told it designed to let in 10% outside air in recirc - supposedly its a safety thing to keep some sort of fresh outside coming through the ac system. So be prepared for the dealer to say its normal. Very disappointing for me since my wifes Caddy does not suck in stinky air with the same 10% outside air on recirc. Maybe if enough of us complain about it they can come up with a fix that will draw outside air in a different manner. I have learned to live with it, but it pisses me off when it happens on occasion.
Old May 8th, 2007, 11:46 AM
CF Senior Member

Sounds like the seat heater is on. Maybe malfunctioning. My HVAC does weird things too (Like the recirc won't shut off). Sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order.
Old May 8th, 2007, 11:47 AM
CF Senior Member

ZX has said in the past that it is designed to allow 10% fresh air in. This is so a car full of people don't breathe up all the usable O2.
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:22 PM
CF Veteran

ORIGINAL: doo600

ZX has said in the past that it is designed to allow 10% fresh air in. This is so a car full of people don't breathe up all the usable O2.
Makes sense Doo, but for some reason the Tahoe/ Yukon's draw in stinkier air than if I was driving the wife's caddy (Also designed to draw 10% outside air when on recirc) in the exact same area. It must have something to do be where the outside air inlet is - I swear it acts like a scoop instead of outside air just passing over it. Or maybe the outside inlet is too big, I swear I can hear the engine starting right through the AC vents (Like I was standing outside with the hood open). Not so with wife's caddy. P.S. The only reason I keep comparing it to the Wifes Caddy is because they are almost the same age and are GM products.

Does anybody know where the outside air inlet is?
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:34 PM
CF Junior Member

There is a fix for the rear window air/whistling/howling issue. Refer to STB#06-08-66-012B, according to ZX
Old May 8th, 2007, 2:08 PM
CF Active Member

i think the caddy has some kind of airfilter so that the air coming in isnt stinky.
Old May 8th, 2007, 7:58 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

I'm thinking it's the grills at the base of the windshield. At least that's where it's been on prior GM vehicles.

Quick Reply: 07 Yukon issues