Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Yukon issues

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2007, 10:44 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 07 Yukon issues

Well guys, just as I expected from this dealer - Yukon was returned to me stating everything I complained about is "Working as intended" or "Could not duplicate problem". I think I am going to take it to another dealer. I even gave them the TSB #'s to no avail.
Old May 9th, 2007, 6:58 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The rear window seal adjustment fixes the problem when you tow (according to many). This repair is out there and should be addressed. I notice it when I get strong cross winds but I don't tow a closed trailersoI never asked to get it done. Seek another dealer who is willing to address your concerns. At least on this one.
Old May 9th, 2007, 8:16 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: sm3earl

i think the caddy has some kind of airfilter so that the air coming in isnt stinky.
Doesn't the Tahoe have a filter? I saw a news story on this and assumedsince I paid 50 grand for a truck, that it had to have an air filter.
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:15 AM
CF Veteran

ORIGINAL: doo600
Doesn't the Tahoe have a filter? I saw a news story on this and assumedsince I paid 50 grand for a truck, that it had to have an air filter.
Negative. ZX told me Tahoes used to have them and that GM decided to not install them due too many people b!tchin about the $50 to replace them every so often.

Rush hour traffic is the worst. I feel like I am drinking exhaust at times. Luckily I only experiance this 2% of the driving time, but damn its aggravating. I am thinking about making my own filter if I cant get a solution soon.
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The auto A/C in my 07 Tahoe does the same thing - rapid cooldown followed by slow warmup. I start at 75 degrees, quickly work my way down to 68, and eventually get down to 65 to keep the temperature constant. Haven't tried the dealer yet, waiting for warmer days again here in MI to verify but it is the same A/C problem you are having.
Old May 10th, 2007, 7:50 AM
CF Active Member

This dealer told me that the 07's don't seem to work very well with the automatic air and to just run it in manual mode? WHAT!!! I asked him why did I pay extra to have the automatic right and left a/c and his answer was "I know", but nothing they can do about it, My 03 Yukon that I traded with auto air worked perfectly. Here in Phoenix if I don't set the air to 65 you will sweat because the blower runs so slow at any higher setting, yet the rear air blows much harder than the front when it also is set to "auto"???