Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

08 chevy Tahoe transmission 4 wd issues

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2022, 6:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 chevy Tahoe transmission 4 wd issues

I have an 08 Tahoe it’s got 194,000 miles on it , it’s always ran strong had great owners before me in great shape I use it to tow a trailer and some power washing equipment around for work . I noticed the past few weeks when I shift into gear it dosent always register to go into drive and I have to go back and repeat the shifting process . Last night I was parking my trailer and I was on grass where my tires started to slide on the wet grass so I thought if I put it into four wheel drive it would work better well I did so and I’ve only used four wheel drive a few times in this car and am now reading your supposed to shift It into neutral when changing which I was not doing I’m guessing this is the reason why after I parked the trailer now when I go to take off from being parked the car is lagging and hesitating for the first couple gears I wanna say 1 ,to 2 to 3 and then gets better . I’m hoping but know in the bottom of my gut that this is bad and what I did f&$cj the transmission up bad can someone give me some advice I would really appreciate it before i go and bring it in to the shop I love the car so much and want to get it back on the road asap thank you!
Old June 5th, 2022, 8:38 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

With the dash **** 4wd shifter, you only need to put it in neutral when shifting to 4 low. 4 high you just turn the ****.
Sounds like you have trans. issues.
Old June 5th, 2022, 10:13 AM
CF Veteran

Received 213 Likes on 187 Posts

Check fluid levels; ever done a filter/fluid change on it?