Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

08 LTZ back up camera problem

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2013 | 11:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default 08 LTZ back up camera problem

Hey Guys, just wondering if anyone has come accross this problem. My back up camera has started to scroll when engaged ( like the vertical hold is broken ). The climate I live in goes through every extreme with heat and then freezing, but truck has a heated garage to stay in all year round (not sure if extra humidity could play into this). Any help would be appreciated as it is rough to back up once you've had a camera and it's disabled.

Thanks in advance.
Old January 10th, 2013 | 3:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Ghetto Burb
Hey Guys, just wondering if anyone has come accross this problem. My back up camera has started to scroll when engaged ( like the vertical hold is broken ). The climate I live in goes through every extreme with heat and then freezing, but truck has a heated garage to stay in all year round (not sure if extra humidity could play into this). Any help would be appreciated as it is rough to back up once you've had a camera and it's disabled.

Thanks in advance.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Ghetto Burb,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Suburban vehicle. I have checked my resources, however, there are currently no known issues relating to your description.

I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis. They should be able to offer more information after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 1st, 2013 | 9:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 suburban back up camera trouble

Hello~

My back up camera has a re-occurring problem. The screen will be filled with the image in a multitude of vertical bands. It appears that the camera is working because the image is there although I can not be seen,

This has occurred 3 times sometimes for weeks on end then all of a sudden will work fine...again for weeks on end befre it happens again.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.