Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

OEM Reverse Back-up Camera (Full Parts List)

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2006, 7:05 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM Reverse Back-up Camera (Full Parts List)

This is the FULL parts list for GM's (Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Escalade) that DO NOT have the factory back-up camera pre-wired. These are the 4 parts that you need.

1. Back-up camera: GM part# 15173619
2. Back-up camera module: GM part# 10371724
3. Head-unit to camera module harness: GM part# 15921872 or 15859202 (The latter is the old GM part number but is still recognized.)
4. Camera module to back-up camera harness: GM part# 15872094

My understanding is for part# 15921872 (head-unit to camera module harness) a tech from the dealership has to call GM to order this part saying that your radio was stolen or something along those lines. Probably why you can't find this part number on most sites when you do a search. (If you do happen to find it online out there somewhere please post it to this thread.) The other 3 parts on this list as some you know already can be ordered from these two sites; (It's funny, one site might have a better price on one item, but not the other, and vice versa. I will say this though Part Zone Online will do drop ship overnight, while GM Parts Direct as you know takes a bit of time.):

www.GMPartsDirect.com
www.PartsZoneOnline.com

I hope this thread will serve as a somewhat definitive thread on this subject. By the way I have half of this install done already on my truck. I'm just waiting on the two harnesses, and if all goes well it should be plug and play, and I should have the install done sometime by the middle of next week. Until then the disclaimer: Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. (Hope to confirm and remove that next week. Ha, ha.)

[IMG]local://upfiles/5036/C68C95C01C5F4C76BAD236488C73D5C9.jpg[/IMG]
Old December 1st, 2006, 7:37 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: OEM Reverse Back-up Camera (Full Parts List)

You have the same part number for 1 and 2.

Dam, those harness's are expensive. Dare I ask how much you are going to have in everything?
Old December 1st, 2006, 7:40 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: biglg

You have the same part number for 1 and 2.

Dam, those harness's are expensive. Dare I ask how much you are going to have in everything?
Good catch. Thanks. Just edited it.

To answer your question though, when everything is said and done, I'm lookin' at around $500 to do the OEM reverse back-up cam. To me it's worth it.
Old December 1st, 2006, 7:41 PM
CF Addict

How much did it cost you for all it?
Old December 4th, 2006, 5:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Thanks for all the info. I have everything except that front harness. Radio to the display module. How much do you pay for the front harness 15921872? Also does it plug into the already existing dashboard harness or does this harness replace the dashboard harness. My part guy claims you have to replace the dashboard harness. I'm having problems trying to buy the front harness. Where did you get your radio to display module harness? How much? And will the guy you got it from be able to order more. I need to order this part.

Thanks
Henry
Old December 4th, 2006, 5:19 PM
CF Addict

I found some interesting information out today. Our 2007 Navigation units are designed to work with aftermarket cameras, such as the Kenwood camera.

The kenwood camera is about $115 on ebay. All you have to do is get a wire harness/adapter from JPcustoms, they want $25 for the adapter. This sure seems much cheaper and easier than trying to put all factory in! The kenwood also seems like a nice piece.

Old December 4th, 2006, 5:39 PM
CF Senior Member

Check the original post again. There is a second part number for that behind the head-unit harness. That part number is: 15859202 www.partszoneonline.com shows that they have it, but I've been off and on the phone with them trying to verify if it's in stock. I'll update you once I know.

By the way this part may show up on websites out there as a valid part, but it doesn't mean that it's in stock. This part is being held up directly from GM for some reason. Just want to let you know that so if you order you don't think you're getting it the next day. Again I'll update you tomorrow.

ORIGINAL: gambianoca

Hey Thanks for all the info. I have everything except that front harness. Radio to the display module. How much do you pay for the front harness 15921872? Also does it plug into the already existing dashboard harness or does this harness replace the dashboard harness. My part guy claims you have to replace the dashboard harness. I'm having problems trying to buy the front harness. Where did you get your radio to display module harness? How much? And will the guy you got it from be able to order more. I need to order this part.

Thanks
Henry
Old December 4th, 2006, 9:25 PM
CF Beginner

Hey thanks again. Keep me posted. Like I said I have everything but the radio to display module harness. I also had to order the cover so the camera can fit. The original cover doesnt have the hole for the camera. I brought my truck without the Navi and Backup camera. I did the navi upgrade with no problems, thanks to the guys in this forum. Now I hope I can get the camera working the same way.

Thanks again
Henry

Keep me posted.
Old December 4th, 2006, 9:42 PM
CF Senior Member

You shouldn't have had to order a new "cover" for where the camera goes. All you have do do is punch out that area for the camera or drill the holes for it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5036/8B0492AD430B40F8BE8365366CCC893A.jpg[/IMG]
Old December 5th, 2006, 2:40 AM
CF Beginner

I didnt know this. Now will I need a special bracket or whats screws? Is there any part # i might need. I have the camera but it didnt come with any screws or bracket.

Quick Reply: OEM Reverse Back-up Camera (Full Parts List)