Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

OEM Reverse Back-up Camera (Full Parts List)

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2008, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OEM Reverse Back-up Camera (Full Parts List)

I have a 2007 Yukon XL Denali with Navigation, Rear seat entertainment, and Bose. (Everything stock) I am doing the stock rear view camera set-up with:
1. Back-up camera: GM part# 15173619
2. Back-up camera module: GM part# 10371724
3. Head-unit to camera module harness: GM part# 15921872
4. Camera module to back-up camera harness: GM part# 25776555 (NEW)

I want to know if the Camera module to back-up camera is the correct harness for the Denali XL models. I don't want to buy it and then have it be the wrong one or it runs short.
Also, are the rest of the part numbers correct?
I am ordering everything from www.partszoneonline.com
Old February 26th, 2008, 10:20 AM
CF Beginner

biglg, here is a couple of tests that I would perform:
- Connect the camera to any device that accepts RCA inputs
- connect a digital cameran with RCA output to the rearview connection, that should tell you if you can get something on your screen
- you may also test the power source, if the camera is not getting enough power, you will not get picutre
Old February 26th, 2008, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

I have just completed the install of my Nav radio using harness from JPcustom. They sent me the harness that also accepts an RCA input, which i can use for a rearview camera. I would like to install the camera, here are some questions:
- Which camera would you recommend?
- How difficult is the installation give that I have RCA Input?
- would work best for use with the Tahoe that can be easily installed?
- Does anyone have the installation steps documented? I'm mostly concerned on how to snake the wires from the hatch to the inside of the car, how to sanke from the rear to the front, and lastly, where do I get power for the camera?

i dont mind using best buy or circuit city for the installation, they charge only $45 for the entire installation. Does anyone have any experience with them?

You feedback is appreciates.
Old February 27th, 2008, 12:38 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: TMW597

This is the FULL parts list for GM's (Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Escalade) that DO NOT have the factory back-up camera pre-wired. These are the 4 parts that you need.

1. Back-up camera: GM part# 15173619
2. Back-up camera module: GM part# 10371724
3. Head-unit to camera module harness: GM part# 15921872 or 15859202 (The latter is the old GM part number but is still recognized.)
4. Camera module to back-up camera harness: GM part# 15872094

My understanding is for part# 15921872 (head-unit to camera module harness) a tech from the dealership has to call GM to order this part saying that your radio was stolen or something along those lines. Probably why you can't find this part number on most sites when you do a search. (If you do happen to find it online out there somewhere please post it to this thread.) The other 3 parts on this list as some you know already can be ordered from these two sites; (It's funny, one site might have a better price on one item, but not the other, and vice versa. I will say this though Part Zone Online will do drop ship overnight, while GM Parts Direct as you know takes a bit of time.):

www.GMPartsDirect.com
www.PartsZoneOnline.com

I hope this thread will serve as a somewhat definitive thread on this subject. By the way I have half of this install done already on my truck. I'm just waiting on the two harnesses, and if all goes well it should be plug and play, and I should have the install done sometime by the middle of next week. Until then the disclaimer: Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. (Hope to confirm and remove that next week. Ha, ha.)

[IMG]local://upfiles/5036/C68C95C01C5F4C76BAD236488C73D5C9.jpg[/IMG]
Hmmm, I'm not sure if that kind of truck part that you are looking for is available online... Well, how is your truck now bro??
Old February 27th, 2008, 11:05 AM
CF Beginner

I love my ride, its awesome. I read this entire forum and primarly interrested in CCD camera. I'm not really interested in the OEM cam. I also read that the installation is not very straight forward, soI wanted to get opinions on where to get it done. Or if you recommend I do it myself, then what are the steps to snake the wires and take the panels down.

Old February 27th, 2008, 12:36 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi digitalgeek,

there are many threads on the camera install, including the install of the ccd-900 which is the same set up as the ccd-2000. Just search those parts in the search option on this forum under the Tahoe section.

Secondly, you have already answered your question about how and if you should install it. If you can find someone to install it for $45 i wouldnt even work as hard or as much as opening the camera box to look at it. Pay the $45 with a big .

Once you find out that it isnt going to be only $45 for the ccd-2000 install then I would complete the search step above and see if it is something you can handle. I have installed 2 of them now and still dont get excited about doing it.
Old May 1st, 2008, 1:47 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A few questions since my last camerainstall.

1. I know that the lockpick and other devices allow you to turn the camera on the screen at any time while driving, not just while in reverse. To do so I assume this has to be hooked up to constant power rather than retained accessory power. So, what did you use for the constant power/ground connections?

2. If you used constant power/ground, does it have an effect or rundown of the battery, or is it only on while the vehicle is actually running?

3. If you used a constant power I assume the connection of the reverse tail light wire to the power/hot reverse tail light wire isnt needed? Only a power/ground to a constant so the camera is always on? Then when putting the vehicle in reverse it puts the image on the screen?

4. Lastly, if you used retained accessory power what power and ground did you use?
Old October 24th, 2009, 6:34 PM
CF Beginner

Shawn I have a 09 Silverado 1500. With nav in the dash What part #s do I need for a full install. Including the handle that the camera is held in at the tailgate Thanks
Old July 27th, 2010, 5:12 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2010 Silverado LT and I'm trying to install the OEM rear view camera. I was able to obtain the proper mirror with the LCD and onstar capabilities on ebay but I don't know how to do the wiring properly. Does anyone out there know how? Just didn't feel like paying $900 for the dealer to get the parts and install it. I'm sure my truck isn't prewired for it either
Old July 27th, 2010, 7:10 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I suspect that even when you get it wired, you'll probably still need to go to a dealer to get it programmed.

Quick Reply: OEM Reverse Back-up Camera (Full Parts List)