Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

08 Tahoe/Bose system worth it??

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2008, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Tahoe/Bose system worth it??

I am in the market for a slightly used Tahoe LT1 and do not want leather cause I have it on the last gen and don't like the way it wears. I would like to get an LT1 w/cloth, and would really like the Bose system but can't find one with it. It was an option and most onesI find do not have it. Is there a big difference in sound, has anyone heard both??
Thanks
Old April 14th, 2008, 11:35 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 08 Tahoe/Bose system worth it??

Go with an aftermaket radio & speakers, you'll be a lot happier and it'll sound way better. Bose is overated and should be left to home surround systems. Also just a heads up, go with a different color besides ebony for the seats. A lot of us aren't too happy with the lint showing up on them.
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:40 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks, but I really like the black interior and having a baby in the back it will hide all the stains. I really did not want to rip a new truck apart, does anyone know if there is a big difference in the systems or can I just add the sub in the console and amp/or maybe it plugs in or something?
Old May 13th, 2008, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

There is actually a huge difference in the way the bose sounds from stock, Bose comes stock in 3LT packagesnot sure.Im in the process of upgrading myspeakers to some JL audios for 50 bucks each. It will be alot cheaper then finding a car with bose.Ill let you know how they sound.Ive heard the cloth seats get really bad lint problems. With the proper care of your leather they wont wear. I put seat bealt covers on mine to keep them from rubbing the leather and once a month put leather conditioner on.
Old May 13th, 2008, 3:32 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's very subjective.
The Bose system sounds marginally better than the base speaker system, neither speaker system is able to produce powerfull volume levels though.
You can replace just the front door speakers with high quality and efficient aftermarket speakers and get a better sound than the Bose IMHO, I used a pair of Hertz Audio ECX-165 speakers with speaker adaptors and the bass they produce is nice and tight compared.

I keep a lint brush in the glove box and give the seats a swipe every so often, lint on the cloth seats has been a non-issue for me.
Old May 13th, 2008, 6:25 PM
CF Active Member

Replacing the H/U is also a good starting point as well. I just took out the stock unit and put in a Pioneer avh p4000dvd and it is like night and day. More power and more options to tune like a HPF and lots more.
Old May 16th, 2008, 7:39 PM
CF Active Member

in whole honesty, I think the 07 tahoe bose rocks. much better than the one i had in my 05 avalanche. good bass yet not over powering. always clear. And I love BASS. had a 2000 tahoe z71, alpine deck with bass forwarding, fully ported cust made box with 2 12in mtx thunder 800 and a punch amp.. the thing pounded. And I still love the bose my in 07, wouldn't trade it. regular system in the 07's kind sux