Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

08 Tahoe LT1.. are ALL upgrades possible?

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2008, 9:58 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 08 Tahoe LT1.. are ALL upgrades possible?

I used to own a 2007 Tahoe LT2, but it was a total loss and now I own a 2008 LT1. There are few differences between the two, mainly: factory remote start, leather, onstar, and the a/c digital climate controls. The leather can be done, I never really used onstar, remote start doesnt really do anything for me, but the look of the manual climate controls really bothers me, I think we all much rather have the digital look. I have heard that you can "unlock" the factory remote start function at the dealer through programming. Also, if you wanted to have power folding side mirrors with turn signals you would have to change the switch and also have them reprogrammed at the dealer. I have researched alot on the digital climate issue, and I just have to ask, perhaps will changing the BCM of the car solve the problem? I know just changing the display unit is not enough, but perhaps a BCM form a Tahoe with the upgraded options/package will work? This is just a thought, and would love to hear any feedback, perhaps someone out there has tried.
Old September 12th, 2008, 2:10 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 08 Tahoe LT1.. are ALL upgrades possible?

for the remote start, you must buy a gm factory remote start kit in order to enable it in the vehicle. There is a code in the kit that must be called in to gm engineering before they will allow you to turn it on. The kit runs for around $225 here in canada and you must have option code AP8 in order to add it.
the hvac controls are a different story....not only is the wiring at the controls different, the manual controls do not use the sunload sensor, inside air temp sensor orair delivery temp sensors which the digital controls use so they will not be in your vehicle. Also the wiring to various actuators is different......so it really sounds like more of a PITA then its worth