Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

08 Z-71 Driver Side Door Mirror?

Search this Thread

Old April 12th, 2015, 7:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Z-71 Driver Side Door Mirror?

Recent incident left our left side mirror pretty much trashed except for the lower black frame and power folding feature.

Looks too expensive at dealer but in searching the internet some sites seem to have a separate item model for "off road package" Tahoes.
What is the difference? Just color of the top cap? Ours is marked "titanium" inside the cover, but it's like a simulated chrome, maybe off a tint or two.

As nice as the power folding feature is, we can probably live without it so are the general body parts interchangeable amongst the various models? (manual vs power fold, color vs chrome, signal vs non-signal?

Are the aftermarket items any good?
Some Amazon complaints claim that some vibrate and move around at speed.
Old April 12th, 2015, 9:11 PM
CF Beginner

I may be wrong, but I believe the mirror itself is interchangeable with or without the signal, also I believe the exterior part(color matched or chrome) is interchangeable as well. Now as far as the power folding aspect, I thought once you have the power folding that part is always there...again maybe I'm wrong, but I've never had to replace that part...yet! My passenger mirror is starting to go out...as in will tick two or three times before it moves with smooth motion down when in R. But when not in R, it moves up and down just fine...the L-R is no longer working, I have to physically move the mirror in or out to get it to where I need to(if my husband drives it) The signal works just fine as does the defrost. Sorry didn't mean to hijack your post, I think you should be able to replace the whole set up without trouble by ordering thru a secondary site and not thru Chevy
Old April 12th, 2015, 9:25 PM
CF Beginner

Any idea why some manufacturer's specify "w/o off road package" on some models?
What could possibly be different?
Old April 12th, 2015, 9:41 PM
CF Beginner

I don't think there is, every website I have looked up for replacement mirrors doesn't ask for specification whether it's an LT or Z71. 2008 Chevy Tahoe Power Heated Turn Signal Puddle Light (Paint to Match) Power - Folding Mirror Driver Side at 1A Auto.com
this website for example doesn't ask for that
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:18 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ChevyFam08
I don't think there is, every website I have looked up for replacement mirrors doesn't ask for specification whether it's an LT or Z71. 2008 Chevy Tahoe Power Heated Turn Signal Puddle Light (Paint to Match) Power - Folding Mirror Driver Side at 1A Auto.com
this website for example doesn't ask for that

On the contrary, many show an exception for off road package.
One example, 3rd item down: Dorman Products - Search Results

Another: Action Crash Mirror - Left - Driver Side; Platinum
Part Number: 28779-04061866
Notes: DRIVER SIDE POWER DOOR MIRROR; WITH HEATED GLASS; MANUAL-FOLDING; WITH TURN SIGNAL IN GLASS; WITHOUT OFFROAD PACKAGE; PAINT TO MATCH

I ran across several others too so it make one wonder why some don't make any differentiation. Are they missing something?

Last edited by Snap50; April 12th, 2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old April 13th, 2015, 6:26 PM
CF Beginner

The only difference(s) between the websites besides the title, was that mine had the puddle light and the turn signal, the one you gave didn't. But the rest of the description appeared to be the same? The other thought I had, was with the Z71, the mirror itself may be smaller or larger in comparison to that of a non Z71?