Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

09 option question

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2009, 8:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 option question

I thought I had about every option I could get on my 09 LTZ. One of the features is the automatic folding second row seats with the switch on the pillar next to the seats. Since I bought mine I've seen two other Tahoes that also have a switch for this on the overhead console along side the sunroof and liftgate switch. Mine does not have the switches in the overhead unit. What gives??? If I want to add this what do I do? Is it prewired and all I have to do is change out the overhead panel?
Old November 12th, 2009, 8:00 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by i1again
I thought I had about every option I could get on my 09 LTZ. One of the features is the automatic folding second row seats with the switch on the pillar next to the seats. Since I bought mine I've seen two other Tahoes that also have a switch for this on the overhead console along side the sunroof and liftgate switch. Mine does not have the switches in the overhead unit. What gives??? If I want to add this what do I do? Is it prewired and all I have to do is change out the overhead panel?
Wow - that is surprising. I have an 09 LTZ Suburban and there are overhead switches for the folding seats. I'd check with your selling dealer and also check other LTZ's on the lot. The switches are shown in the Owner's Manual so not sure why you don't have them. Let us know what you find out.
Old November 12th, 2009, 8:34 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 09

Did you get the brake controller? The 6.2L? the power side steps? 22s?

My 09 has the buttons on the C pillars and on the ceiling in front of the sun roof, near the sun roof controls...
Old November 18th, 2009, 2:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Did you ever find your two missing switches? The LTZ overhead console should have 5 switches - 2 on the left for the sunroof, middle one for the rear lift gate and the 2 on the right for the rear seat fold.
Old November 19th, 2009, 3:14 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Did you get the brake controller? The 6.2L? the power side steps? 22s?
I hope I didnt come off sounding arrogant? No mines the lowly 5.3L . Not tring to sound like sour grapes but I almost bought a demo with the 22s and the electric boards and could have gotten it for less than I paid for the truck I have now but my wife hated the 22 inch rims and I thought the boards were very noisy. Oh and its also just a 2wd, but with a sticker of over 56k I feel that it should have all the buttons.
Old November 21st, 2009, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

The LTZ come w/ the power release second row seats. If yours doesn't have it and it's truly a LTZ, demand it. Does it have all of the other LTZ features?
Old November 22nd, 2009, 9:16 AM
CF Junior Member

I hope I didnt come off sounding arrogant? No mines the lowly 5.3L . Not tring to sound like sour grapes but I almost bought a demo with the 22s and the electric boards and could have gotten it for less than I paid for the truck I have now but my wife hated the 22 inch rims and I thought the boards were very noisy. Oh and its also just a 2wd, but with a sticker of over 56k I feel that it should have all the buttons.
But what's the story on your missing switches??
Old November 22nd, 2009, 1:40 PM
CF Beginner

I'm going to call the dealer on Monday and get the panel switched out. Sounds like another "1970's" story of running out of a part and useing what was avalible. It is for sure a LTZ so I guess it was an oversite.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 7:46 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default wow

GM build quality huh?

I got the 4x4 since it snows here in PA... why it has low, I have no idea.

I would MUCH rather have the AWD the Caddy has... and the 6.2L

I only have the 5.3L

Infact... I would have just bought the damn caddy; but the insurance was 3x more than the Tahoe! WHY?!

Actually, I wanted an X5... but the insurance for that was even MORE than the Esky...
Old November 25th, 2009, 7:35 PM
CF Junior Member

mine has the overhead switches....i dont have the 6.2l....and am ordering the brake controller

Quick Reply: 09 option question