Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

09 Tahoe LTZ 5.3 intermit starting problem

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2021, 3:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Tahoe LTZ 5.3 intermit starting problem

So recently my tahoe started acting funny

One day I came out at night to start it and it didn't start. Acted dead.

Cool call in law and have them bring over the booster

Starts right up, and every time after that..

Until today,, today I went to work,, was sitting out front and it shut off on battery saver since the key was off.

when I went to roll the windows up (turn the key on) nothing. No lights nothing.

So I say "seriously" and start turning the key on and off. Probably got to 5 times and it just starts up.. like nothing happened, check battery level it's at normal level for engine off. And it started right up.

what could it be? I presume my fiancee the first time left the door cracked or something and it did the same thing the first time.

Security? Something else? I don't think it's security csuse if it was it wouldn't of started up right away with the jump box. Idk maybe the ignition going?
Old January 19th, 2021, 3:51 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew David Smith
So recently my tahoe started acting funny

One day I came out at night to start it and it didn't start. Acted dead.

Cool call in law and have them bring over the booster

Starts right up, and every time after that..

Until today,, today I went to work,, was sitting out front and it shut off on battery saver since the key was off.

when I went to roll the windows up (turn the key on) nothing. No lights nothing.

So I say "seriously" and start turning the key on and off. Probably got to 5 times and it just starts up.. like nothing happened, check battery level it's at normal level for engine off. And it started right up.

what could it be? I presume my fiancee the first time left the door cracked or something and it did the same thing the first time.

Security? Something else? I don't think it's security csuse if it was it wouldn't of started up right away with the jump box. Idk maybe the ignition going?
Check for battery cables, especially ground.
Old January 20th, 2021, 7:49 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

Connections good then get battery load tested. I've had several batteries in the last 12 yrs have internal connection failures. One was so bad slamming the hood would make it reconnect and fire up .