Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1984 Suburban gauges and lighting stopped working

Old May 8th, 2017, 1:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1984 Suburban gauges and lighting stopped working

I bought this burban a week or so ago. Its not in very good condition cosmetically, but im gonna be putting it back into shape. There are quiet a few issues i need to address, the most important of these issues being the gauges and the lighting do not work. The back lighting on the cluster worked perfectly fine, up until tonight, when the gauges werent reading right. I hit the face of the cluster a few times in hopes of getting them to work but instead they shut off all together and now none of the gauged are accurate except the speedometer. Another problem is the mechanism in the rear double doors is completely gone so i cant open the double doors whatsoever. Most of the things are small and simple because other than that its pretty solid. It only has 50 something thousand miles and i picked it up for a grand. If y'all can help that would be great, thanks!

-Andrew
Old May 8th, 2017, 6:57 AM
CF Beginner

First step is checking for faulty wiring/plugs on the back of the cluster.
Old May 8th, 2017, 1:24 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by RI95Burb
First step is checking for faulty wiring/plugs on the back of the cluster.
Yaaa last night i pulled the wires out from the back of the cluster and sprayed some contact cleaner on everything then put it all back and it works fine, i even got the horn to start working for the first time. Now im trying to find that rear door mechanism that i havent been able to locate.
Old May 12th, 2017, 3:02 PM
CF Beginner

Check out RockAuto.com , they should carry whatever you need at good prices.

Search this Thread