Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1994 Suburban code 35 (IAC)

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2006, 1:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1994 Suburban code 35 (IAC)

I have some troubles with my IAC circuit on my '94 burb. Any way it started with the low idle problems about two years ago and then finally the check engine light came on. I checked it and found that the code 35 came on (IAC valve). I promptly replaced it and guess what? Same thing. I know just becasue the 35 code is set does not mean that this is the problem. I disconnected the IAC valve with the motor running and the idle goes up. This make me think that this is not the problem. I also know that the following could be the cause: leaking vacuum, bad thottle body gasket, bad injector gasket, leaky manifold gakset, bad EGV and the list goes on. What would be the best thing to figure out what my problem is. I really hate to take this in becasue I hate to pay the high prices at the repair shop, but I am not sure if I have a choice.
The following users liked this post:
Bobby Fromm (April 7th, 2020)
Old April 18th, 2006, 1:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1994 Suburban code 35 (IAC)

Call me a retard but just remember read all the directions. It turns out that when I shorted out the diag terminal to show the codes on the dash I just was kind of impatient. I did not wait for the second code of 22 to show. I replaced the TPS and this got rid of my 22 code. Also, the repair manual says to adjust the IAC to 1 /1/8". I did not do that. It was only at 7/8 of an inch. I adjusted it and boom, no check engine light. I feel really dumb.
Old August 28th, 2011, 9:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timT
Call me a retard but just remember read all the directions. It turns out that when I shorted out the diag terminal to show the codes on the dash I just was kind of impatient. I did not wait for the second code of 22 to show. I replaced the TPS and this got rid of my 22 code. Also, the repair manual says to adjust the IAC to 1 /1/8". I did not do that. It was only at 7/8 of an inch. I adjusted it and boom, no check engine light. I feel really dumb.
HEY it sounds like we have (had) the same prob.

what do you mean by adjust it to 1 1/8"??? adjust what on the IAV??

please get back to me i think this may solve mine too!

thanks
Old November 21st, 2011, 10:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is a iac? we just got the issues of the rough idle and when accelerating at about 50-60 loses all power and acts like its about to stall out, check engine also coming on. rpms are crazy all over the place. any help is greatly appreciated cause we are getting ready to take a 1600 mile trip and are wondering if we should even drive it that far. thanks to anyone also the engine has been replaced with a 350 and now it isnt fuel injected it has carb instead (its an older model motor, not sure of year or miles on it)

Last edited by minimuffinsmom; November 21st, 2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: forgot to add information that may be important