Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1994 Suburban Wiper

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2012, 11:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Suburban Wiper

I have a 1994 suburban. The windshield wipers work very intermittently as does the parts that shoots the wiper fluid onto the windshield. I have been reading on the internet the the wiper control motor is the cause of the problem. Has anyone had a similar problem and fixed it.
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:49 AM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

The wiper control motor could be the cause of the wiper problem. The washer fluid has a pump in the bottom of the tank that hold the fluid. These are two separate issues. The problem for either of them could be the switch, a loose connection or the wiper motor or the washer pump.
Old May 29th, 2012, 2:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for resurrecting a month old post but I had a similar problem with my 1992 Suburban which was fixed by adding an additional ground wire to the wiper control module. The wiper control module is attached to the wiper motor housing. The ground wire is black. I soldered in an additional ground to the black wire in the harness and connected the other end to a nicely polished bolt head in the engine compartment. It fixed the problem with the intermittent wipers and with the intermittent washers.
Old May 29th, 2012, 2:49 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flyfishny
Sorry for resurrecting a month old post but I had a similar problem with my 1992 Suburban which was fixed by adding an additional ground wire to the wiper control module. The wiper control module is attached to the wiper motor housing. The ground wire is black. I soldered in an additional ground to the black wire in the harness and connected the other end to a nicely polished bolt head in the engine compartment. It fixed the problem with the intermittent wipers and with the intermittent washers.

the response is worthy of thread resurrecting. worry not.

:chug: