Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1995 Suburban 2500 2WD Laundry List

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2013, 2:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Suburban 2500 2WD Laundry List

I bought this truck in the fall to tow our boat and run around town. This past weekend we did our first road trip with her and we are very happy with the "Thunder Buggy" for what we bought her for. Of course she could be a little less thirsty, but what the heck.

Being that she's sneaking up on 20 years old, she has some issues (most big 18 year olds do) and her previous man had her go make some changes that may be part of/related to her baggage.

She came with headers and custom dual exhaust. She has aftermarket tail lights, FG running boards and she sits high. Dunno if she was lifted or if its just the 2500 package showing through. I haven't seen any other customizations.

So the issues...

1. Since we bought her, none of the interior lights have worked automatically. The map lights can be turned on, but if you get in at night, the interior is dark. I don't know if its the dash switch or a door switch, but advice is appreciated.

2. She has a liftgate/tailgate. The dash button doesn't work to release the liftgate. I would appreciate a test procedure to find out if the problem is with the switch or the latch. Replacement parts availability would also be good.

3. The squirrel cage fan is squealing every time we fire the heater up, but quiets quickly. Anyone have a remove/replace procedure online?

4. Since all of these look like they could be dash-related, I assume I will be pulling the dash as soon as the weather breaks. Any other stuff I should be looking at (heater core, etc) with it removed? Anyone have a step-by-step for pulling the dash on this vehicle?