Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1999 Suburban C1500 Fusible link(s)

Search this Thread

Old December 22nd, 2015, 7:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Suburban C1500 Fusible link(s)

After the fiasco with the turn signal/do all switch and the ignition switch, I don't have wipers,stereo, windows, seat heaters, or climate control. I'm told it's a fusible link, but I'm having trouble finding resources what show where the fusible link/s is/are. Anyone have a visual clue to share?
Old January 2nd, 2016, 4:04 PM
CF Junior Member

I hate ta bump my own thread, but I'm desperate! No heat this time of year sucks!
Old January 3rd, 2016, 10:26 AM
CF Active Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskey_Sauer
After the fiasco with the turn signal/do all switch and the ignition switch, I don't have wipers,stereo, windows, seat heaters, or climate control. I'm told it's a fusible link, but I'm having trouble finding resources what show where the fusible link/s is/are. Anyone have a visual clue to share?
A blown fusible link would kill ALL the power to the vehicle. Does it run at all? What is working (headlights, stoplights, gauges, door locks, power sockets....)?
Old January 3rd, 2016, 3:37 PM
CF Active Member

did you check all the fuses in the main power distribution box under the hood.there usally attached to the main fuse box under the hood.
Old January 4th, 2016, 9:31 PM
CF Junior Member

It starts, and drives. I have headlights, turn signals, interior lights, horn, and hazard lights. That's all I have. The people who worked on it last said all my fuses are good and the ECM is running perfectly.

The cigarette lighter/power receptacle works, but it's because a previous owner wired it directly to the battery and it's always on. I have a job starting this week and I can't go losing time because I cant drive in the rain when it's dark out.

Also, the initial problem has resurfaced (all exterior lights going off randomly when high beams are on).
Old January 4th, 2016, 9:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by a55bruce
A blown fusible link would kill ALL the power to the vehicle. Does it run at all? What is working (headlights, stoplights, gauges, door locks, power sockets....)?
The fusible link(s) were a quickie theory; if that's not it, I'm clueless. I do brakes, not vehicle electrical.
Old January 5th, 2016, 7:44 AM
CF Active Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

After the fiasco with the turn signal/do all switch and the ignition switch, I don't have wipers,stereo, windows, seat heaters, or climate control....
Looks like you may still be having ignition switch issues. The wipers,radio,wipers,pwr windows are powered by the same circuit from the ign.sw.(RUN/ACC) at the instrument panel fuse block. Likewise the HVAC,cruise,4wd,brake light,rear HVAC are getting their power from another circuit from the ign.sw.(RUN).
1st: Re-Check the 50A IGN-B fuse in the underhood fuse block.
If not the switch, the problem could be a connector in the ign.sw. wiring harness.
2nd: Make sure they are pushed together tightly, and the wires have not been pushed out of the connector.
3rd: Check for power at the instrument panel fuses (wiper,radio,wiper,hvac...) when the ign.sw. is in the run position.
Old January 5th, 2016, 5:52 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by a55bruce
Looks like you may still be having ignition switch issues. The wipers,radio,wipers,pwr windows are powered by the same circuit from the ign.sw.(RUN/ACC) at the instrument panel fuse block. Likewise the HVAC,cruise,4wd,brake light,rear HVAC are getting their power from another circuit from the ign.sw.(RUN).
1st: Re-Check the 50A IGN-B fuse in the underhood fuse block.
If not the switch, the problem could be a connector in the ign.sw. wiring harness.
2nd: Make sure they are pushed together tightly, and the wires have not been pushed out of the connector.
3rd: Check for power at the instrument panel fuses (wiper,radio,wiper,hvac...) when the ign.sw. is in the run position.
I have brake lights, turning the key to ACC doesn't make anything but the stereo come on, and that's not every time.. I'll check the fuses tomorrow when I have better light...
Old January 6th, 2016, 2:21 AM
CF Active Member

My guess would be to check your RED+ battery cable. If it's like my 99 Tahoe, you will find another cable attached @ the same connection with a fuseable link made into the cable that goes to the main power box located on the driver side close to the front of the inner fender apron. JMHO so good luck, let everyone know what you find.
David g.
Old January 6th, 2016, 1:52 PM
CF Junior Member

I took a look under the hood in the fuse panel on the driver side, nothing was blown. The fuse panel inside, driver side, nothing blown. I'm stumped and rather frustrated because having neither heat nor wipers is crap in the winter.