Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1999 Suburban Power Window Does Not Go Down

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2019, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Suburban Power Window Does Not Go Down

The history of the issue: The drivers front window went part way down and the window stopped about 1/2 way down. I pressed the up button and tugged on the window and it went up on its own to the top. I pressed down again it moved down about 2 inches and started clicking and stopped going down. I switched to up and it went up all the way and clicked as long as I held the up button so I released. Any attempt to move down or up resulted in nothing; now no movement or clicks.

Status: I purchased a regulator and motor. Need to get into the door to replace it. Got the panel off and was removing the inner metal panel but need the window in the down position to pull the panel the rest of the way out to replace the old regulator and motor.

Problem: How do I get the window down? There is 10.5 Volts (positive and negative depending on switch direction) to what I believe are the motor leads (blue wire and brown wire of the harness). I measure 1.4 Ohms on the blue and brown wires of the harness when the power is off. I have tried pushing on the window with power off, with power on and using the down switch, running out of thoughts on how to get this door apart to fix it.
Old May 18th, 2019, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

cable driven regulator? if yes, cut the cables
Old May 19th, 2019, 4:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately not a cable style, it is the metal arms.
Old May 19th, 2019, 5:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

can you un bolt the motor
Old May 19th, 2019, 5:23 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Replace the lift motor.