Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1999 tahoe-fuel pump relay problems

Old December 29th, 2014, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1999 tahoe-fuel pump relay problems

I have a 1999 Tahoe that will not start. The fuel pump was not working.

To keep the story short, I determine that I can get the fuel pump working by jumping port 30 and 87 (fuel pump relay) in the relay box. After I jumped the relay, the fuel pump kicked on and the truck would start. So, I thought that the obvious issue was a bad relay.

I put in a new relay and tried to start the truck with no luck. The relay would not energize the fuel pump. So, I got another new relay and that one did not work either.

I checked all of the fuses in the cabin and fuse box under the hood. Nothing blown.

I ran the codes on the truck and there were none. There are no warning lights showing on the dashboard.

I ran all of the plugs for the fuel pump relay with a test lamp and they all checked out.

Can anyone help me with this issue. Why will the truck not start with a new relay in the board? I am lost on where to go from here. There has to be something I missed.

Hopefully someone has the answer to this problem.

Thanks

Last edited by jmgin2; December 29th, 2014 at 9:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rene Peralez (November 19th, 2023)