Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1999 Yukon Map light ground location?

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2014, 9:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1999 Yukon ceiling lights wiring location.

I have a 1999 Yukon that has ceiling lights that sometimes work and sometimes not. When they work they are dim. I would like to know where there are inline connectors in the power wire so that I can clean the connections or replace them. Please provide a photo or drawing of the connectors in the power line going to the interior lights and a drawing of the power line so that I can find and recognize them (it). Please also show me where the ground connection is made for the ceiling light circuit, considering all the rust on the frame, maybe that is causing the problem.

I recently purchased this vehicle and have found that everything on and in the frame have a lot of rust even though the body has nearly no rust. I suspect that there is a power line somewhere in or near the frame that has a connector that is causing the problem. The main ground connection to the frame was corroded off. I replaced this ground connection.

Last edited by TellGRBill; July 22nd, 2014 at 3:52 PM. Reason: No answer so am providing a clarification