Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Air ride compressor fix!!!!

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2014, 12:30 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Air ride compressor fix!!!!

Well after countless hours of debate (with myself) i finally decided to attempt to fix my compressor on my 07 suburban. AND I DID!!! I removed the compressor and upon visual inspection...low and behold a WHITE CORRODED WIRE!!! it was corroded so bad that when i pulled on it the insulation just ripped apart. hence no continuity in the wire itself. So I spliced into it. there's not much left to work with, so be careful. i cut up some new wire from a harness I had laying around. and jumped the two ends. I also did the Blue wire next to it, because it had some corrosion as well. not as bad as the white one though. Then i covered it with heatshrink wrap and electrical tape. then the part that was still exposed, i covered with silicone. So if you want to save yourself $200+ Try this first. IMO this should be a recall, but we all know GM won't!! I'm pretty sure they've had their share of faulty compressors to know about this issue, and completely ignore it. Pics to follow. not hard at all. LMK if you guys have any questions. this should become a sticky!
Old July 5th, 2014, 12:33 PM
CF Senior Member

Pics as promised...sorry having trouble loading all the pics
Attached Thumbnails Air ride compressor fix!!!!-image.jpg  

Last edited by trainwreck91; July 5th, 2014 at 1:03 PM.
Old July 5th, 2014, 12:47 PM
CF Senior Member

more pics
Attached Thumbnails Air ride compressor fix!!!!-comp1.jpg   Air ride compressor fix!!!!-comp6.jpg