Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Bad Air Ride Compressor?

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2015, 8:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Air Ride Compressor?

So my Airride compressor ran constantly. I used bubbles and found one of the shocks leaking. I replaced it with an Arnott Shock. Then the other one went bad and I replaced it as well. Now the compressor runs loudly and a lot. My assumption is that the compressor is now bad, but I was wondering if there was some way to know for sure before spending the money on a new one. I have sprayed bubbles all over the lines, shocks, etc to see if if is leaking anywhere. Can't find any problems.

But anytime I am idling anywhere the compressor kicks on and off over and over again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old September 22nd, 2015, 6:58 PM
CF Active Member

Unfortunately, when your compressor is extremely noisy, it will need to be replaced. However, if the unit is running constantly, you may still have a leak. When you replace the compressor, you should also check the wiring harness and mounting shocks.

There are a number of good youtube videos on replacing the compressor, should you want to see how the repair is made.

Good luck with your repair.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 1:55 AM
CF Beginner

Default barry voorhies

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid of that. The compressor is extremely noisy. It doesn't run constantly, but it does run for a minute or so then after about five minutes will run again. I will take a look at a video on how to replace it. I just didn't want to without getting a second opinion. LOL.