Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

20" GM Polished Center Caps without Logo Available?

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2007, 12:54 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 20" GM Polished Center Caps without Logo Available?

Does anyone know if GM has replacement center caps for the 2007 20" rims? I like to find some w/o the gold bowtie because I think it clashes with Greystone!

[IMG]local://upfiles/10609/436BF862A3014D9AA271E7BFE5D9690D.jpg[/IMG]
Old August 1st, 2007, 9:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 20" GM Polished Center Caps Available?

i agree completely and would also like to replace mine too. i haven't been able to find any but hopefully someone has.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:41 PM
CF Active Member

Just checked with the dealer, only Chevy Bowtie or "GMC" available.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 4:13 PM
CF Active Member

I have found some online, but they look more chrome than polished....I will keep looking, but I want to do the same....get rid of all yellow (it's not gold) bowtie logos....I would like to even get rid of the one on steering wheel...hehehe...
Old August 2nd, 2007, 10:52 PM
CF Active Member

You're right about the emblems being "yellow", I guess for what I shelled out for my LTZ, it's GOLDto me
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:28 PM
CF Active Member

I replaced my front bowtie and rear bowtie with chrome....I might paint out the bowties on the center caps.....put on esky roof rack with painted end caps and it looks awesome...but I digress. I might stop by some wheel shops tomorrow and see if they have any center caps.
Old August 4th, 2007, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 20" GM Polished Center Caps without Logo Available?

I totally agree and have had no luck looking on the internet all afternoon for chrome center caps ... just changed the front bowti on my 2007 LTZ to chrome. Any tricks on changing the back? Fishing line and 3M tape? Chrome trim and they insist onthat yellow bowti ...
Old August 4th, 2007, 8:35 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: MCF34

I have found some online, but they look more chrome than polished....I will keep looking, but I want to do the same....get rid of all yellow (it's not gold) bowtie logos....I would like to even get rid of the one on steering wheel...hehehe...
Yeah, I was thinking about masking the steering wheel bowtie and painting it body color. It looks cheap to me and for $49k the interior should be a little nicer.
Old August 6th, 2007, 9:10 AM
CF Junior Member

I've always wanted to take off a center cap and take it to a vinyl/sign shop and have them make 4 stickers to go over the gold. Probably in a silver for me, but could color match it if you wanted. They might fall off after a few years, but normally they use good quality stuff. Heck, could prob get 8 or 12 for pretty cheap just to have extras.
Old August 6th, 2007, 9:10 AM
CF Beginner

I just did the front and back bowties this weekend. You are right on the back one. Do it on a really hot day or get a heat gun. Use some fishing line - I used 15# test - lighter lines tend to snap. Just work it back and forth to break the adhesive bond. An old credit card works too. Be prepared when you get it off for some adhesive removal. Lots of elbow grease. I also used goo gone. Took awhile but got it all off. Also, my chrome replacement only came with two strips of double sticky tape on it - add some more to insure it stays on. My replacement did not come with the two pointy tips to fit into the holes so the extra tape helps. Good luck - it looks so much better with chrome rather that that gold ugly thing!!!

Quick Reply: 20" GM Polished Center Caps without Logo Available?