Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2001 AC problem

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2008, 5:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 AC problem

i gotta 2001 suburban and it has electronic climate control. the problem is that the rear ac doesnt work. the front ac works just fine but the rear only heats up and doesnt cool. i've asked around and everyone has told me that nobody knows anything about electronic climate control but the dealers. the suburbans got 240,000 miles on it and im not sure if its worth taking it in and spending a great deal on it. also i was wondering how much it'd cost if i had the rear main replaced?
Old September 12th, 2008, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2001 AC problem

Doesn't make a lot of sense if the front gets cold and the back doesn't. They are both ran off the same pump. The tubing splits and runs to the rear on the passenger side. Reach up under there and feel the metal tubes. they should be ice cold with the a/c on just like up front under the hood. If the tubes are cold then maybe the temp sensor isn't working correctly and its mixing in too much hot air. There is probably a valve on the heating tubes that opens and shuts automaticly...possibly thats stuck open and allowing hot air all the time to the rear.

Hope that helps a little