Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2001 Suburban - no crank, no start - no nothing

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2020, 9:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Suburban - no crank, no start - no nothing

It's a love hate relationship with this 2001 Suburban. I love it, my wife hates it. I recently ran new fuel lines(as the originals rusted through) and it was needed. When I did this, I saw the brakes lines were due to start giving me problems too. Well, one of the lines leaked while my wife was driving so the vehicle has been in my drive way while I ran replacement brake lines. I also had to replace the ABS pump/Module because when I removed the old lines, the threads in the ABS pump disintegrated and I pulled another ABS pump from a donor suburban in a junk yard. I took a gamble on this as the RPO code sticker was non existent but I know I need the ABS pump for a vehicle that does not have traction control. My problem now is when I put in the key in the ignition, I get noise through my speakers and nothing else. No normal dash lights or anything. At one point, the car actually tried to crank but nothing at all. It also presented a weird clicking under the dash and I also heard a weird clicking from the transfer case.

Any thoughts on what this could be? I don't want my wife to win this battle. She wants me to scrap it, I want to run it another 100K

Do you think my computer realizes that there is a different ABS pump and it needs to programmed for this vehicle? My guess is no because I get no other lights at all on the dash.
Old January 12th, 2020, 9:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update - the vehicle started perfectly normal this morning and nothing changed at all. What would cause this intermittent no start no nothing problem? Any help appreciated.
Old January 12th, 2020, 10:10 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Loose battery cable(s)?