Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2001 Suburban - Squeaky rear shocks

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2017, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2001 Suburban - Squeaky rear shocks

A few weeks ago I washed my truck, I used a pressure washer to get all the grime and what not off .. I also live on a dirt road. I did not get up close and personal, but I got low and sprayed the under body off with the washer to get all the dirt and grime from the dirt road out from the under body. Ever since then my rear shocks have a dry squeaky sound to them. Could I have accidentally sprayed off grease or lube or something? It is so odd that is just all of a sudden started doing it after the wash.

Thank you for any help or advice!!
Old May 19th, 2017, 3:42 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Unless you are sure it's the rear shocks, it's more likely a rubber bushing in the suspension squeaking.
Might try spraying silicon on all of the rubber parts in the suspension.
Old May 19th, 2017, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

If you were to buy silicone, what would you buy? I have never purchased said item before .. Not sure what I need.

How many rubber parts are there, round about? Are we talking just a couple here and there on the shocks, or .. ?
Old May 25th, 2017, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 73shark
Unless you are sure it's the rear shocks, it's more likely a rubber bushing in the suspension squeaking.
Might try spraying silicon on all of the rubber parts in the suspension.
Well I went to the auto parts store and bought some silicone. sprayed all the rubber bushings I could find under the truck, including the body bushings which come to find out the drivers side rear was the main culprit. I replaced my running boards a few months ago and the new boards attach at the body bushings. No more annoying squeaking or rubbing. Thanks, 73Shark, I appreciate the info!!