Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2002 5.3 Flex fuel no start

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2019, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 5.3 Flex fuel no start

So far checked all ignition and fuel fuses, fuel pump activate with key does a short cycle and shows steady 49psi, shot a dab of either in and it fired off and died ignition seems to be Ok. I ordered a pump om the advice on another board, will not install as the pressure is fine for a Flex setup. Really need to get ir running before it roots into the driveway.

Phil
Old April 10th, 2019, 2:44 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

my 02 4.8 ran with only 20 psi. had some stating issues and didnt like passing cars but a new pump fixed that. i dont see a no stating issue with 49 but idk. i would put a diode on the the injectors to see if theyre getting signal to fire. even with 0 psi they should have signal when cranking
Old April 10th, 2019, 3:16 PM
CF Beginner

I have ignition found that with either, something is not allowing the fuel injectors to function. Off and on I had an issue with the anti theft not allowing it to start, had to do the 10 minute wait thing. That has not happened in quite awhile and waiting 10 does not work with this issue.
Old April 10th, 2019, 4:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 508 Likes on 468 Posts

if you are in theft mode...the vehicle will crank, the injectors will be disabled and the security light will flash for the 10 minutes it locks you out. if that is the case, have someone with a full function scan tool read the theft codes. a code reader cannot access these codes. the scan tool must be able to access "B" or body codes
Old April 10th, 2019, 5:33 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the tip will try to borrow a scanner like you mentioned.