Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2002 Suburban fog light switch wiring

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2008, 9:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Suburban fog light switch wiring

I just purchased some PIAA 60xt's to replace the fog lights on our 2002 Suburban. After some careful dremel shaving of the valance and redesigning of the factor fog light brackets they fit perfectly. PIAA supplies a switch, but I want to keep the factor look of the dash. I want to utilize the factory fog light button. I pulled out the factory fog light button & rear widnow wiper assembly and found it is all one piece with one wiring pigtail/harness going to it.

So I took the PIAA switch and cut the wires off of itand I was going to wire it into the factory pigtail but I can not find a wiring diagram for the factory pigtail. I am now left with the PIAA wiring which is 3 wires (Red, White, and Black) and no idea what wires to replace them with in the factory pigtail/harness. The factory plug that goes into the back of the assembly looks easy to disassemble but once done where do I put the PIAA Red, White, and Black Wires?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks....
Old April 23rd, 2008, 4:09 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 2002 Suburban fog light switch wiring

Use the wiring at the factory foglights. Cut the ends off and splice them into the aftermarket ones. Then you will be using the factory switch, relay and fuse.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 9:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2002 Suburban fog light switch wiring

The foglight button and the rear window wiper switch are all one unit with multiple wire running into. Which wires, out of the 7 or 8 wires, do I utilize? Thanks again for your help.
Old November 19th, 2011, 2:38 AM
CF Beginner

I too am trying to install after market fog lamps using the existing factory switch. Does any one know which wires control the fog lamps as asked above?

Thanks
Old June 5th, 2020, 7:16 PM
CF Beginner

the purple wire in the back of the switch is the powered wire when the button is pushed. Black is black aka ground.

Originally Posted by Burb Family
I just purchased some PIAA 60xt's to replace the fog lights on our 2002 Suburban. After some careful dremel shaving of the valance and redesigning of the factor fog light brackets they fit perfectly. PIAA supplies a switch, but I want to keep the factor look of the dash. I want to utilize the factory fog light button. I pulled out the factory fog light button & rear widnow wiper assembly and found it is all one piece with one wiring pigtail/harness going to it.

So I took the PIAA switch and cut the wires off of itand I was going to wire it into the factory pigtail but I can not find a wiring diagram for the factory pigtail. I am now left with the PIAA wiring which is 3 wires (Red, White, and Black) and no idea what wires to replace them with in the factory pigtail/harness. The factory plug that goes into the back of the assembly looks easy to disassemble but once done where do I put the PIAA Red, White, and Black Wires?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks....
Old June 5th, 2020, 7:17 PM
CF Beginner

the purple wire in the back of the switch is the powered wire when the button is pushed. Black is black aka ground.

Originally Posted by Voodoo Child
I too am trying to install after market fog lamps using the existing factory switch. Does any one know which wires control the fog lamps as asked above?

Thanks