Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2003 Suburban C2500 2WD 3.73 6.0L

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2019, 11:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Suburban C2500 2WD 3.73 6.0L

Hey everyone. I am another slub trying to find an answer on how much i can legally responsibly tow with my truck. I have seen from 12k all the way down to 7700lbs! My truck is a beast, so stout... and it can only tow 7700 lbs? blows my mind. I just looked at the PDF of the user manual for my truck. YET another weight LOL!

Another note, i did find a sticker on my beefy tongue and it says with a WDH It can handle 12k and 1500lb tongue weight! WHOA
Old June 7th, 2019, 6:57 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

thats pretty much your answer right there. theres the GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating) which is how much weight you can have on top of the 4 wheels of the burb including the driver,gas and cargo. then you have your GCWR (gross combination weight rating) which includes everything (gross weight) on the burb + the gross weight of the trailer. most times DOT doesnt bother with civilians but if you get into an accident insurance companies might get into it. i think the most important thing is tongue weight and brakes, you want some tongue weight but not too much where it squats the rear too much and starts to lift weight off the front and effects the steering.