Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2003 suburban stuttering when given gas

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2019, 11:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 suburban stuttering when given gas

I have a 2003 Suburban 1500 with 180,000 that I just went through a long ordeal tying to figure out why the truck would randomly stall when put in park or stopped at stop light. I had replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, cleaned MAF sensor, cleaned throttle body, reset the computer and was stumped. I finally registered on this forum put the symptoms in the search window and it had one similar question about stalling with one answer that the problem had to be either the fuel pump or the fuel regulator. BINGO, I had no idea it had a fuel regulator. I bet I watched 15 videos about chevy's stalling and NO ONE said anything about a fuel regulator. I found the part on the car, removed it and cleaned it with some MAF cleaner and THANK YOU JESUS it no longer stalls. The only problem I have left now is that when I give it gas at lower speeds it seems to have a slight flutter getting up to speed say 30-40 mph. any suggestions?
Old May 26th, 2019, 12:45 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Was there gas in the vacuum line on the regulator?
Old May 26th, 2019, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not sure if there was when I fist unhooked it but I don't think so because I don't remember any dripping out when I unhooked it.
Why do you ask or what should I have looked for?

Last edited by Gbrad56; May 26th, 2019 at 1:20 PM.