Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2003 Tahoe Blower Not Working After Resistor Change Out

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2012, 7:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Tahoe Blower Not Working After Resistor Change Out

Help please, I changed out my front blower motor resistor/control module (part was purchased at a Chevrolet dealer) a couple of months ago due to the system not shutting off. Everything worked fine for a month, now the blower does not run at all. I did not smell anything. Do you think the part failed again? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old November 9th, 2012, 8:35 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum..
Its possible that it has failed again but not because the part was defective but that the fan or other component is causing it to go bad...
Double check the fuse, make sure its plugged in firmly and correctly, meaning both blades are in the connector, check your connections at the module you replaced, is it firmly seated. May also want to pull the control panel buttons and check for solid connections and no loose or worn switches..
Old May 31st, 2015, 8:57 PM
CF Beginner

I also changed the resistor/speed controller n still nothing... The fuses are good and I pulled out the blower motor to test it and it works just fine all the lights come on in the dash also, I'm kind of stumped on this one any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Lomenb; May 31st, 2015 at 9:00 PM.
Old June 7th, 2015, 3:19 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Lomenb Welcome to the forum...
I would suggest checking for voltage back from each component to find the break down...
What year and model vehicle are you working on?
Old June 12th, 2015, 11:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default Front Blower resistor

Originally Posted by crfogg
Help please, I changed out my front blower motor resistor/control module (part was purchased at a Chevrolet dealer) a couple of months ago due to the system not shutting off. Everything worked fine for a month, now the blower does not run at all. I did not smell anything. Do you think the part failed again? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Can you post a picture of the blower resistor/control module you are referring to. Better if connections and wire colors shown. I bought a RR blower control module/Resistor on Rock Auto online as advertised but when arrived is not same as blower control module I was finally able to locate and physically see. Have not heard from them(1wk) for return but ordered correct control module from Amazon. Turned out the control module was not the issue(Hours of troubleshooting). I do not want to offer un-necessary troubleshooting advice unless I can see the unit or if you can reference the place and part number you got and I can find it online. I may have lost my $38 on a Just Answer online Expert because he told me to do everything I already told him I had done but would not answer the one question I kept asking which was the solution to my RR AC blower not working and I had to do my own jury rigging to confirm the issue then I bought the correct part today to resolve it.
Old June 12th, 2015, 11:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default My 2 cants

Originally Posted by in2pro
Welcome to the forum..
Its possible that it has failed again but not because the part was defective but that the fan or other component is causing it to go bad...
Double check the fuse, make sure its plugged in firmly and correctly, meaning both blades are in the connector, check your connections at the module you replaced, is it firmly seated. May also want to pull the control panel buttons and check for solid connections and no loose or worn switches..
Concur with in2pro. loose connections may be the culprit since it worked fine 2 months. If you are lucky a blown fuse or burnt connection behind fuse block or loose ground is all you lose but your control unit may have survived and your blower too. Make sure you got power to the module and power coming out of the module to the blower when speed switch is turned on. If no power out of module then check power at the connector to the module. If no power to the module then check wiring backwards to fuse. Check for good ground at the motor. Mine is an 02 Suburban but Tahoe, Yukon, Denalli all generically the same(Chevy) and parts are sometimes interchangeable. Run power direct to blower to confirm blower is still good.

Last edited by Helpu; June 12th, 2015 at 11:22 PM. Reason: New thoughts