Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2003 Tahoe Window Rattle when down all the way

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2018, 12:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 2003 Tahoe Window Rattle when down all the way

I have done a lot of research to try to solve this, and I have not found the silver bullet as of yet.

My LT has a few problems, two main ones being the classic “rain-makes-the-seat-heat-turn-on-randomly” and also this issue stated in the title.

I saw a post about when the windows are partially down it makes rattling noise when driving but I always have mine all the way down, and nothing helps except if I put my finger down inside to window seal to hold the window inside the door.

Also, not helping at all, some people said “Yes I have the problem with the doors are down and I took it in for service because I have a warranty”

I am the warranty. So tell me how to fix it and it will be done. Is it the window regulator? I don’t know. It happens on both the drivers and passengers side and I am not completely sure it’s happening in the rear. The rear appear to be holding true. However, I’d also like to mention the windows are rolling up a little slower than they used to or probably should. Could this also be another hint towards a broken regulator?

Thanks for reading, hopefully I can get this solved soon. (I can also upload a video on the issue happening if that would help.)