Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2004 Suburban Blender door issues (I think?)

Old June 24th, 2019, 9:35 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Suburban Blender door issues (I think?)

I've been playing with this on and off all day and its driving me nuts so coming her hoping someone can help me to understanat if this makes any sense or point me in the right direction.

Had A/C recharged about a month ago, has been running great. Truck sat for a week or so with a dashcam plugged in wound up draining the battery dead. I put the battery on a charger for a few hours and was able to start it, ran fine. Since then however I'm getting hot air out the drivers side, cold air on passenger side. I've tried the various 'calibration' procedures but no help. What I find odd is right after performing the procedure it does blow cold but within 20 seconds or so it goes to full heat and only heat after that. I've been out there 8 times today and getting nowhere.

One more piece of information... I bought this around September last year and that time the vents weren't blowing hot air 'appropriately' so I did one of the calibration procedures back then and it did work and has been working fine until today when I had to deal with the battery issue.

Any idea's?

Thanks for any help.

Old June 25th, 2019, 2:01 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 161 Likes on 133 Posts

On our 2005 Yukon I had to replace one of the electric actuators under the dash; I used a Dorman part.. You could always move that to the AC position and then disconnect the harness, and reverse in winter.

Search this Thread