Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2004 Suburban power seat problem

Search this Thread

Old April 12th, 2010, 10:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Suburban power seat problem

Power seat front and back adjustment on 2004 Suburban only travels about 1 inch. I've cleaned everything thoroughly to make sure there is no obstruction. Still only travels about 1 inch (from rear position). Also, while troubleshooting it suddenly went all the way forward while I was moving the switch back. But I haven't been able to get that to occur again. Fuses look good. Seat back and seat tilt adjustments are working fine.

Thank in advance for any ideas.
Old April 16th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure what what stops the motor when the limits are reached but might check for limit switches to see if they might be causing the problem. Probably have to unbolt the seat to do this.
Old August 31st, 2011, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

My '04 is doing the exact same. Did you get yours figured out? I need to get on this quickly as the wife is a bit short on patience and leg reach.
Old September 1st, 2011, 6:52 AM
CF Beginner

Hi - from what I remember (I actually traded my 04 in and now have an 11), I played around with it for quite a while. I eventually got lucky and it travelled all the way. Then I went back to where it was and it got stuck again. So I discovered that when I got "Lucky" and it travelled the full length, I needed to avoid going back the other way or else I was screwed again. It was find for my wife because she never went all the way back. I just had to remember it for myself.

I also remembered later on that I could have used the pedal adjustment while it was in the broken state (for her).

Sorry if that isn't really a "fix" but its what happened to me.

Lovin the 2011 LTZ, BTW.
Old November 6th, 2016, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

I'm having this same issue - any ideas?

Thanks
Bill
Old February 3rd, 2017, 6:59 PM
CF Beginner

Did you ever get an answer on this by any chance? I am having the same problem. "... Power seat front and back adjustment on 2004 Suburban only travels about 1 inch. I've cleaned everything thoroughly to make sure there is no obstruction. Still only travels about 1 inch (from rear position). Also, while troubleshooting it suddenly went all the way forward while I was moving the switch back. But I haven't been able to get that to occur again. Fuses look good. Seat back and seat tilt adjustments are working fine.' Thank you!
Old February 3rd, 2017, 7:00 PM
CF Beginner

What and where are the limit switches? I am having the EXACT same problem. "...Power seat front and back adjustment on 2004 Suburban only travels about 1 inch. I've cleaned everything thoroughly to make sure there is no obstruction. Still only travels about 1 inch (from rear position). Also, while troubleshooting it suddenly went all the way forward while I was moving the switch back. But I haven't been able to get that to occur again. Fuses look good. Seat back and seat tilt adjustments are working fine." Thank you!