Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2005 Tahoe "Sensitive Stability" Code

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2012, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Tahoe "Sensitive Stability" Code

My 2005 Tahoe has been displayong the "Sensitive Stability" code in the dash while driving. When this displays, numerous dash lights light up, i.e., ABS, BRAKE etc. The air conditioner & blowers do not work, the cruise control doesn't work. The vehicle runs normal other than this. According to the owners manual, to reset it stop the vehicle & turn off. Re-start the vehicle and it should reset. It doesn't. However, after the vehicle sits, off, for awhile, it doesn't re-appear as if nothing happens and everything mentioned earlier works normal. Then after time passes it will happen again and yes we can't reset it like the manual says. This has happened I would say 3-4 times. Has anybody dealt with this and/or know anything about this?? Please help!! You can PM me if you like. Thanks!!
Old April 2nd, 2012, 2:46 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> LeeA,

I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected. If the Service Stability light stays on, that is an indicator of a problem. A certified technician will be able to offer additional information, and repair options, after a physical inspection of the vehicle.

Louis
GM Customer Service