Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

"Service Stability" Warning

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2012, 10:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Service Stability" Warning

I've read about Stability code issues on 2005 Sububan. Mine does the same as some posts. It feels like the engine loses power but it's actually the brakes locking up. If I turn off the ignition (best on a hill) I can feel and hear the brakes loosening. I have 2 wheel drive so is this controlled by my traction control or how do I disable so this doesn't continue and is i safe t do so. I get a Service stability message where my odometer is. Any help would great. Thanks in advance.
The following users liked this post:
Joel Lomelichavez (September 19th, 2020)
Old October 10th, 2012, 7:29 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
Are you getting any codes set in addition to the service stability?
Old December 12th, 2012, 9:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your emg brake adjustment
Old February 20th, 2013, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

Mine is doing the same thing as this post.Louis, here is the problem...
The dealers have absolutely no clue on how to deal with this. There are no error codes directly related to the stabilitrak when it occurs and any other error codes are not relevant to the system. All the dealers have to help them is the computer diagnostics, GM has to buckle down and asign a team to physically work on this before someone does get hurt instead of waiting for it to happen.

My '07 Avalanche now has 60,000 miles on it. From 53,000 to 58,000 this problem was occuring in my vehicle, if I plug in a OBDII scanner I can probably get it to do it again... In the driveway.

GM will not admit to a problem because they have to much money invested in the Stabilitrak system and they keep pushing it out without doing anything to fix the problem that exists. If I ever buy another vehicle and it happens to be a GM product.. it will not have a Stabilitrak system in it! .chev wont do anything. contact hi way patrol with this problem. My be some one well get to work on it. thanks Bob C
Old September 19th, 2020, 4:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buddha196888
I've read about Stability code issues on 2005 Sububan. Mine does the same as some posts. It feels like the engine loses power but it's actually the brakes locking up. If I turn off the ignition (best on a hill) I can feel and hear the brakes loosening. I have 2 wheel drive so is this controlled by my traction control or how do I disable so this doesn't continue and is i safe t do so. I get a Service stability message where my odometer is. Any help would great. Thanks in advance.
hello sir. I have a 2005 tahoe that shows a warning service stability then brakes lock up. Did u ever figure the issue out?
The following users liked this post:
milterri13@gmail.com (February 11th, 2023)
Old July 27th, 2021, 2:40 PM
CF Beginner

Had the same problem and it was bad abs wheel speed sensor at the rear. If you have this issue I would suggest to look up Troubleshooting StabiliTrack problems on youcanic. Just search it on google. It goes over the common problems and how to read the traction control faults yourself.
Old January 10th, 2024, 6:26 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Joel Lomelichavez
hello sir. I have a 2005 tahoe that shows a warning service stability then brakes lock up. Did u ever figure the issue out?
hey Joel I’m having the same issue with 05 z71 Tahoe.
i have already changed rear driver side speed sensor as well the passenger side wheel hub/sensor.

Autozone pulls not check engine but secondary codes pertaining to electrical.

What was your solution to this headache of an issue?
Old January 10th, 2024, 6:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

@Blkjuggernaut Joel hasn't visited the forum in over 3 years, so it's unlikely he'll reply to you. Rather than revive old topics you should post your own, since this there can be many different causes for this issue. Thanks.
Old January 12th, 2024, 8:08 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
@Blkjuggernaut Joel hasn't visited the forum in over 3 years, so it's unlikely he'll reply to you. Rather than revive old topics you should post your own, since this there can be many different causes for this issue. Thanks.
Maybe Joel cannot spell "Lomelichavez" correctly !
Old February 10th, 2024, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fixed

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe

come to find out after replacing the caliper with a broken piston/seal. Then bleeding the brake fluid ridding it from air. Back on the road!! 05 Z71 BLEU

Quick Reply: "Service Stability" Warning