Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2006 6.0L Suburban Misfire and Stumble

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2021, 1:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2006 6.0L Suburban Misfire and Stumble

Hello Everyone,

I bought a 06 Burb 6.0L about 6 months ago to build a camper truck out of it. This thing is a beast. Didn't have any issues when I bought it, except for an exhaust leak.

Hard start. Runs great for 40 mins, then a hard miss. It will get increasingly worse, sputters and flashes the P0300 for a few seconds, then corrects itself. Other than that, no codes. Idle RPMs drop suddenly to 200, but then they come right back up. Fuel trims while it does this +12 to +13% and air is about 9 g/s. I have been throwing parts at it for months now and each one seems to fix it for a while, but then the misfire comes back.

New parts (previous owner):
Plugs/wires
Cam shaft
Head gaskets
New parts (by me):
Fuel injector cleaner
Cat converters
O2 sensors
Crank relearn
Fuel pump
Coils
ECM flash

It has been at a mechanic for over 5 weeks now and they couldn't figure it out. Only thing they could tell me is that it's mechanically sound and it's only affecting one bank. Best we can figure is a new ECM? Even though it just got flashed?

Please help! I'm so frustrated with this thing, and it's camping season! Any suggestions would be so appreciated.