Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2006 Tahoe Front Blower / Climate control Issue

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2011, 8:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Tahoe Front Blower / Climate control Issue

I have a 2006 Tahoe with rear and front blowers and climate control. The front air stopped operating, but rear works fine. I replaced the blower motor resistor and air immediately started working again. The problem know is that on occassion when I start the vehicle, there will be no air on any fan setting on the front. The first time it occurred, the fan started blowing after a mile down the road. I have checked all connections and found no problem. While troubleshooting, I have found that when the fan is inoperable, I can turn the fan down all the way down to the lowest position, turn the cliamte control power offf, then start bumpimg fan speed back up (power turns on) and blower will start agian thru the floor. I then just cylce back to fron vents and works fine. Also, just more information, when I turn power off to system, The power button does not turn system back on, that is why I increase fan speed, which turns system back on. Any advice?\r\nThanks in advance.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 2:17 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Best guess is a control head problem. Search this forum for the procedure to reset the HVAC system. I think it involves disconnecting the battery for a short time but can't remember the rest.