Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 AC Cycles On Off

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2006, 1:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 AC Cycles On Off

I have had my 2007 Suburban for only a couple of months. We live on the coast in California where the temperature is 70-80 degrees. The AC works fine here in HB. However, we make many trips to Lake Havasu where during the summer the temperature is always over 100 degrees. When we go to Lake Havasu the AC will cycle on and off and never really be effective. I took the vehicle to my local dealer in HB and they could not recreate the problem. They did find the freon level to be low and topped it off. I took it to the dealer in Lake Havasu and they saw it first hand but didn't have a mechanic to look at it. GM says if they can't recreate the problem, it doesn't exist.
Has anyone had any similar issues with the new 2007 GM vehicles?
If so, what was found to be the problem?
Thanks, Bruce
Old August 8th, 2006, 2:50 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 AC Cycles On Off

I have the same problem with my 07 Tahoe. I have to set it at 62 degrees with the fan up on high. It also cycles at times like you are describing. I took it to the dealer and they re-programmed the HVAC chip. They said that GM is working on another fix, but it won't be published to a TSB for the near future. Check with your dealer on these fixes.

I live in Cali Central Valley and with the recent heat-wave, then crap....I just spent a week in Vegas in 110-115 degrees and I was hating my brand-new vehicle for a while.

Good luck!