Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   2007 chevy suburban power lift gate problem (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/2007-chevy-suburban-power-lift-gate-problem-53269/)

steve8691 September 23rd, 2012 8:09 PM

2007 chevy suburban power lift gate problem

Push any of the buttons to open the tail gate and it does not open. It makes all the noises and unlatches but does not open. When manually opened, I push the button it makes all the noises and does not close. The motor is working, but my guess is that the mag clutch is not engaging and I dont know why. I call it the mag clutch, because I dont know what it is called. It uses electricity to engage when it open or closes. any help would be appreciated.

Chevrolet Customer Service September 28th, 2012 6:42 PM

Originally Posted by steve8691 (Post 227462)
Push any of the buttons to open the tail gate and it does not open. It makes all the noises and unlatches but does not open. When manually opened, I push the button it makes all the noises and does not close. The motor is working, but my guess is that the mag clutch is not engaging and I dont know why. I call it the mag clutch, because I dont know what it is called. It uses electricity to engage when it open or closes. any help would be appreciated.

steve8691,

I would like to look into this concern for you. Will you please send me your first and last name, address, VIN and current miles on the vehicle.

Thank you,

Tina
Chevrolet Customer Service

steve8691 September 30th, 2012 9:51 PM

steve darden, xxxx, utopia, tx xxxxxx,xxxxxg280838, 90,000 miles

Kelly Monteruil October 1st, 2012 2:48 PM

I am having an identical issue. What is it?

steve8691 October 9th, 2012 12:46 PM

latch assy?

Local dealers says its the latch assy inside the door. supposedly not sending signal to the powerlift gate assy to open or close. They want $443 to repair. Not comfortable with answer that an assy in the door is not owrking and the door wont open. Is this probable? Hate to spend $443 and that not fix the problem. They also said latch assy must be programed at the dealer for it to work. Im confused. Any suggestions?

whirled pees October 12th, 2012 8:34 PM

Steve,
My 2008 Tahoe has developed the exact same problem you have.
I get the same clicks and whirs, but no raised lift gate!!

Have you found an answer yet?:cool:

steve8691 October 13th, 2012 9:02 AM

see above reply

see the above reply. Nothing else new yet. Really cant believe its the latch assy though. Waiting on a nephew thats a mechanic to tell me more.

whirled pees October 18th, 2012 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by steve8691 (Post 229356)
see the above reply. Nothing else new yet. Really cant believe its the latch assy though. Waiting on a nephew thats a mechanic to tell me more.

Steve, I checked all my fuses today, everything o.k. Then I started reading through my book! Boy am I red faced!!! I found the switch 0n the overhead console (right by my sun roof) it was off!!!! Turned it on and everything works! Yipee.:o:o:o

steve8691 October 18th, 2012 8:24 AM

switch

I found the switch early on but it maked no difference. Im gonna check it again though to make sure. Thanks

abarli65 February 4th, 2013 10:58 PM

Any updates to this? I have the same problem with my 2007. Console, remote, or rear hatch button all do the same thing... latch unlatches, but I have to pull the door a bit or it will re-latch. The auto lift does not engage. I hear it, but it does nothing. I had to pull it and would feel it disengage.

I have also heard that it could be the electronics in the latch mechanism that is not telling the lift to lift. The latch does make all kinds of noises and sounds like it cannot make up its mind what it is doing upon opening.

I am about to list to sell, but want to fix this before I do.